I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

Hi, I would like to sponsor my adult divorced son who's now in US with expired tourist visa. I have only a green card. Is there any way I can help him to be here legally? Thank you for your help.

Hi, I would like to sponsor my adult divorced son who's now in US with expired tourist visa. I have only a green card. Is there any way I can help him to be here legally? Thank you for your help.

Comment

If 'divorsed' is the same classification as 'unmarried', then you can file I-130 under FB-2B category.

Currently processing cases filed in 04-08-98

Link:

VISA BULLETIN FOR AUGUST 2007

Comment

My father, who is a LPR, filed an I-130 for me and it just got approved. I was paroled into the US. I am 22 years and unmarried. When my father filed for me, I was under 21. What is the next step? How long would it take to get my green card? I really want to travel outside the country...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My father, who is a LPR, filed an I-130 for me and it just got approved. I was paroled into the US. I am 22 years and unmarried. When my father filed for me, I was under 21. What is the next step? How long would it take to get my green card? I really want to travel outside the country... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's impossible to answer your question precisely, due to various reasons.
          I will cite just a few.
          First, what was your fathers LPR classification at the time he filed I-130 for you; the other question is when did he file it (on or before or after 2002), whether CSPA is applicable at all to this type of I-130 or not (BTW, CSPA is ~thousand pages long, so no sane person will read and study it unless it's their job to do so); then what exactly is your status now, have you accrued 3/10 bar or been present (per INA interpretation) with AG authorisation; under what circumstances and why were you paroled into US and etc...

You may need to consult an immigration attorney who specializes in filing family I-130/AOS petitions.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X