adjustment of status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment of status

My husband (US citizen ) and I filed for greencard in July 2005. This is my second case since I got divorced from my first husband and USCIS took my greencard away. We received a letter from our local office in September 2006 saying that my case file was with the supervisor. Nothing else and nothing since then.
    Does anybody know what this means and how much longer will it be? I have to be renewing my 765 and I-131 yearly and every time is more money. MY husband and I also have a child that is both US and European citizen.

I hope somebody can help us.We do not know how to proceed.
    Thank you

your case is refered to Marriage fraud unit.. you have to ask dhs about that. there is no timeline how long it will take.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Originally posted by donosti:
      This is my second case since I got divorced from my first husband and USCIS took my greencard away.
      Would you care to share some details about that event? When was that? Were you asked to leave the US? Was there a suspicion of fraud? Or "removal of conditions" wasn't approved? Or ?

Because of your history, USCIS may pay some extra attention to your current petition.

Comment

Did you and new husband go to AOS interview after sent new 475 and 130? How long were you waiting since the interview? I think you should ask congress man for help.

What is the time line between divorce date and remarriage date? Immigration might have a doubt about your 2nd marriage or maybe this is how they handle the case (their normal process)for those who have filed for 2nd time based on marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by donosti:
          My husband (US citizen ) and I filed for greencard in July 2005. This is my second case since I got divorced from my first husband and USCIS took my greencard away. We received a letter from our local office in September 2006 saying that my case file was with the supervisor. Nothing else and nothing since then.
          Does anybody know what this means and how much longer will it be? I have to be renewing my 765 and I-131 yearly and every time is more money. MY husband and I also have a child that is both US and European citizen.

I hope somebody can help us.We do not know how to proceed.
          Thank you
          Under what specific circumstances was your green card "taken away"? Do you mean that it was formally revoked? Or that you never received one?

DId you initially enter the USA as a K-1 fiancée?
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by aneri:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donosti:
            This is my second case since I got divorced from my first husband and USCIS took my greencard away.
            Would you care to share some details about that event? When was that? Were you asked to leave the US? Was there a suspicion of fraud? Or "removal of conditions" wasn't approved? Or ?

Because of your history, USCIS may pay some extra attention to your current petition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Details: no, they ask me for more proof of first marriage buut by then I had already sent the divorce papers so when I finally got an appointment with an agent, I had to sign a withdrawal paper and he took my conditional greencard. He also suggested my present husnad and I to start filing for a whole new case, so we did almost 2 years ago.
            I have never been illegal here and I have always provided CID with my address and my situation details.
            I didn't commit fraud, actaully, the only reason why I am here is because I love mu husband too much to be living so far away from my home. I have a career, work and pay taxes but definitively I would be happier at home. Not everybody should be seen in the same circumstances, because we are not the same.

Anyway, the fact is that we are going to mve next year and we would like this been taken care before we do. It would be very bad to have to request another transfer of my file somewhere else.
            We haven't receive a letter yet for any interview. If they suspet fraud, which they rae in their right to do so, what kind of investigation are they carrying on with my file on their desk getting dusty? Would not be better to come to our house, look around, talk to our friends, employers...get references, and see what kind of life we are living? Doesn't make more sense? I may be wrong, though, I never thought about living Europe, I didn't have t he need, I came to America for love, not for anything else
            I don't want to bore you anymore. Thank you for replying me, it was very nice of you.

Talk to you soon.

Comment

This is exactly what i was saying in an earlier thread... there is a story behind every case... what i am confused about on this whole immigration process is as donosti has no green card, temporary or otherwise...but she is living and working in america... no one has asked her to leave.... she is just carrying on living her life and everything is rosey apart form the inconvenience of renewing her work permit, and her ability to travel....u have to ask yourself a big what is the point of it all... its ok its just me thinking aloud.... not really expecting a comment apart from our own special born in the USA freak... but really cases like this really make me wonder where the sanity of it all is....have u been for an interview of any sorts with hubby nr 2???

Comment

Originally posted by ntfd3:
                This is exactly what i was saying in an earlier thread... there is a story behind every case... what i am confused about on this whole immigration process is as donosti has no green card, temporary or otherwise...but she is living and working in america... no one has asked her to leave.... she is just carrying on living her life and everything is rosey apart form the inconvenience of renewing her work permit, and her ability to travel....u have to ask yourself a big what is the point of it all... its ok its just me thinking aloud.... not really expecting a comment apart from our own special born in the USA freak... but really cases like this really make me wonder where the sanity of it all is....have u been for an interview of any sorts with hubby nr 2???

I went through my interview when I was undergoing the case with my ex-husband. For this second marriage nobody has asked us any questions yet. My husband and I are going to stay together however and whereever needed, we don't care anymore. I personally don't think that it is a crime to marry twice when most of the american at least marry twice in their lives. O never thought I was going to live something like this. I never knew anything about immigration until I first got here. I have to say that we have started the process for my husband to become a european union resident, how different treatment he is receiving over there!

Comment

its not all doom and gloom..... i am on my second one too ......

Comment

This is exactly what i was saying in an earlier thread... there is a story behind every case... what i am confused about on this whole immigration process is as donosti has no green card, temporary or otherwise...but she is living and working in america... no one has asked her to leave.... she is just carrying on living her life and everything is rosey apart form the inconvenience of renewing her work permit, and her ability to travel....u have to ask yourself a big what is the point of it all... its ok its just me thinking aloud.... not really expecting a comment apart from our own special born in the USA freak... but really cases like this really make me wonder where the sanity of it all is....have u been for an interview of any sorts with hubby nr 2??
                    Don't worry about Donoste. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

Donosti, I just have one comment to you. Ignorance should never be an excuse, no matter what you do. Why did you come here without knowing "anything about immigration"? I am sorry but it seems to me you can blame only yourself for complicating your immigration case. From what you said it seems that once your first green card was "taken away", you lost your legal status.
                      If you are still considering staying in the US permanently, I would suggest you make an appointment with an experienced immigration lawyer and talk to him/her about ALL the details of your case. Without knowing them, no one will be able to give you the answers that you expect to get at this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X