What to do about fraud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do about fraud?

My friend met and married a woman who was friends with my own fiance. At the time she was married, but then they divoriced and she married my own friend. He is a vet and a full time student, and apparently right after the wedding she went back to her ex-husband (who is on a student visa)

Now she is demanding that he go to appointment with INS and saying that if he demands a divorice she won't sign it. When he said he would report it she made it clear she will make sure he gets in trouble as well.

What should he do about this? Has anyone faced similar circumstances? I am worried his helping nature will get him into trouble with the govt.

My friend met and married a woman who was friends with my own fiance. At the time she was married, but then they divoriced and she married my own friend. He is a vet and a full time student, and apparently right after the wedding she went back to her ex-husband (who is on a student visa)

Now she is demanding that he go to appointment with INS and saying that if he demands a divorice she won't sign it. When he said he would report it she made it clear she will make sure he gets in trouble as well.

What should he do about this? Has anyone faced similar circumstances? I am worried his helping nature will get him into trouble with the govt.

Comment

You came to the right place. I am the moderator of this board and we have two goals here. First and foremost, we want to protect US Citizens from immigration fraud as in the case you described. Secondly, we want to help honest people and welcome them into our country. I personally was a victim of fraud so I can attest to the emotional and financial damage that it causes.

My advice to victims of fraud.
      1. Do not personally contact the fraudster directly and avoid all direct confrontation, Do not give the fraudster an opportunity to claim abuse.

2. Have your lawyer sue for annullment based on fraud seeking substantial monetary damages. The cause of action should say fraud and damages for whatever money you can document plus damages for intentional infliction of emtotional distress. If annullment is not available in your state, then a divorce plus sue for damages is a second choice. Do not forget to sue for legal fees.

3.Make sure the fraudster is served properly. Often they do not think it is possible to get divorced without their permission.

4. The annullment or divorce must be started immedaitely and quickly before the fraudster sees their own lawyer.

5. Do not contact BCIS until AFTER the annulment or divorce; sending a million letters does not help. It is a long road; save the letters for when they will have maximum impaxt and when you are calmer.

6. In several months, after the annulment, calmly inform BCIS that you annulled or divorces because of fraud; send copy of the annullment. Have a lawyer read the letter or have him prepare it. Make it clear that you were not a party to the fraud; that you were a victim of it.

7. You MUST have the A number on the letter to BCIS. If you do not have it, you can get it by subpoenaing the fraudsters place of employment.

8. Follow the rules of the county clerk to start seixing their property, bank accounts and garnishing their salary.

9. MOST IMPORTANT; If not done so yet; shut down all joint accounts, change the locks, cancel any insurance, any phone cards. Do not allow the fraudstr to scam anymore.

10. Destroy all proofs or at least retain all proofs of a bonafide marriage and do not let the fraudster get a hold of them.

They MIGHT get away with it and beat the system, but you can make it a costly battle.

GOOD LUCK !

Comment

>>10. Destroy all proofs or at least retain all proofs of a bonafide marriage and do not let the fraudster get a hold of them.<<

Michael The GREAT!!!
        I DECLARE YOU MY BROTHER IN DEEDS!!!

BURN, GRINTS, BURN!!!

Comment

Working...
        X