Naturalisation Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalisation Problem

Hi, my fiance applied for his N600 citizenship papers in June but was advised by someone at immigration to apply for a US passport because if he got it then that would be proof that he he was a US citizen then we could apply for a Fiance visa and wouldn't have to wait for 2 years for the N600. He got his passport last week but I'm still not sure that it is enough proof that he is a citizen. On the fiance visa application it mentioned something about the US passport having to be issued for at least 5 years?
    Does anyone know anything about this or did I just read it wrong?

Hi, my fiance applied for his N600 citizenship papers in June but was advised by someone at immigration to apply for a US passport because if he got it then that would be proof that he he was a US citizen then we could apply for a Fiance visa and wouldn't have to wait for 2 years for the N600. He got his passport last week but I'm still not sure that it is enough proof that he is a citizen. On the fiance visa application it mentioned something about the US passport having to be issued for at least 5 years?
    Does anyone know anything about this or did I just read it wrong?

Comment

You are reading something wrong.

The 5 years you saw apply to someone who has green card; with a US passport,thats 100% proof of citizenship.Infact, I think one can get US passport the same day and file for someone the same day.

Your fiance can apply for you papers right away.There is no waiting time.

Please read :http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/visas.htm#K

Comment

Working...
      X