ITR W2, 1099 as evidence in Affidavit of Support I-864

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITR W2, 1099 as evidence in Affidavit of Support I-864

My husband who is self-employed person with an S-corporation company said he does not have the W2 and 1099. I-864 checklist is specific on these, can we just send an equivalent? And what's best to use as proof of income when he does not have pay statements 'coz payments from clients to his company report them as 1099 anyway. Help!!

My husband who is self-employed person with an S-corporation company said he does not have the W2 and 1099. I-864 checklist is specific on these, can we just send an equivalent? And what's best to use as proof of income when he does not have pay statements 'coz payments from clients to his company report them as 1099 anyway. Help!!

Comment

Just what does he file with the IRS to pay his taxes?

Comment

He files the normal 1040

Comment

Then he would file that form.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scmass:
            My husband who is self-employed person with an S-corporation company said he does not have the W2 and 1099. I-864 checklist is specific on these, can we just send an equivalent? And what's best to use as proof of income when he does not have pay statements 'coz payments from clients to his company report them as 1099 anyway. Help!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            I would attach the 1120S Sch K-1 from the corporate return along with the last year's tax return. The Sch K-1 will show his income in box 1 of the form. Hopefully, there is not a loss, which may require your husband to fillout the asset portion of the I-864 while the Sch K-1 will show proof of self-employment.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
            X