Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiver i601 & Removal Proceedings or AAO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver i601 & Removal Proceedings or AAO?

Hey Guys,

I filed a i130, i485 & i601 last year. I went for the i485 interview in November, it was smooth, received the approval of my i130 soon afterwards. However, I have not heard anything about the i485 or the waiver (i601) since. I believe my lawyer and I submitted a good package (about 20 pages) for the i601 based on my USC wife's health, her child, her child's health, emotional and finacial hardships. But I have been told many times that nothing is guaranteed with a waiver application.

I'm about to schedule an info pass to find out what is going on with the case and my question is-
    1. Is there anything I can do in the waiting period to enhannce an approval?
    2. If denied, I would prefer to go straight to court as against to AAO. What do you think and Does anyone have any idea how long this kind of issue take in a proceedings?

My rush is bcos I have to go home as soon as possible for a very urgent issue. An my grandmother is so so ill...

Please advise.

Hey Guys,

I filed a i130, i485 & i601 last year. I went for the i485 interview in November, it was smooth, received the approval of my i130 soon afterwards. However, I have not heard anything about the i485 or the waiver (i601) since. I believe my lawyer and I submitted a good package (about 20 pages) for the i601 based on my USC wife's health, her child, her child's health, emotional and finacial hardships. But I have been told many times that nothing is guaranteed with a waiver application.

I'm about to schedule an info pass to find out what is going on with the case and my question is-
    1. Is there anything I can do in the waiting period to enhannce an approval?
    2. If denied, I would prefer to go straight to court as against to AAO. What do you think and Does anyone have any idea how long this kind of issue take in a proceedings?

My rush is bcos I have to go home as soon as possible for a very urgent issue. An my grandmother is so so ill...

Please advise.

Comment

oneluv, so you are waiting for in-country waiver to be approved? I don't know much about it but the general feeling is that they take a long time (up to 2 years).

Do you mind telling us what the waiver was for?

Comment

You can apply for advanced parole.

Comment

Aneri,
          Yes it is an in-country waiver.

Waiver of inadmissibility. - for a 2002 conviction for receiving stolen goods.

Is it advisable for me to travel with an advanced parole considering the inadmissibility?

Also does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision from an immigration judge for a waiver in removal proceedings?

Comment

oneluv,

I advise you to stay here, they might approve your advance parole but you have no knowledge what they might say at your return to the states. I know it is a tough decision to take at this point, but try to put in balance what is more worth while?! Hope this helps a little in taking your decision.

Comment

If you already have an approved waiver, there is no problem traveling.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oneluv:
                Is it advisable for me to travel with an advanced parole considering the inadmissibility?
                </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, you most likely won't be able to enter the USA... even if you do by some miracle or mistake, you would as a "parolee" be in a legaly weaker position then now

Comment

601 waiver for , process has been very lengthy and painful in my case ,my interview went very well but 601 waiver have kept me in limbo , and two weeks ago i got the news that the waiver is denied , iam about to file an apeal , if somone can tell me will me apeal go infront of judge or to some ins office

Comment

You can either appeal to the AAO in DC or be put in removal proceedings and put in front of a judge.

AAO Appeals have an average waiting time of 18 months, during which you typically should be able to get EAD renewal.

Going in front of a judge may be faster pending on your region. It also allows for you to present your case, witnesses and so on. Lawyers typically prefers going in front of a judge while applicants are quite cautious about going to court, and may be prefer to stretch it out.

Comment

Removal proceedings are at the discretion of the agency. I601 are administrative appeals to the agency, only one level, not the EOIR.

Comment

Working...
                      X