Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I overstayed for waiting an answer

The INS .. made a mistake also with me.. take a look to my case....
    I waited the petition for an extension and change of status for about a month(B1/B2-F1), then the INS requested for more documents, which I sent. After a month I got another letter telling me that a response was not received by the required date so my application was denied, but the info was sent within the required time frame, they gave me 30 days to reopen the case but only if I had new evidence, which I did, they decided to reopen it, but they took like a year to make a final a decision, by that time my I 94 was already expired for more than a year, once I got the last denied letter I left the country 3 months later because I really wanted to go to college, I didnt leave the I 94 because was not returned to me, I have a copy though.
    Now I am not sure if Im able to travel to Usa I just wanna go to visit my family.
    I overstayed because of them

The INS .. made a mistake also with me.. take a look to my case....
    I waited the petition for an extension and change of status for about a month(B1/B2-F1), then the INS requested for more documents, which I sent. After a month I got another letter telling me that a response was not received by the required date so my application was denied, but the info was sent within the required time frame, they gave me 30 days to reopen the case but only if I had new evidence, which I did, they decided to reopen it, but they took like a year to make a final a decision, by that time my I 94 was already expired for more than a year, once I got the last denied letter I left the country 3 months later because I really wanted to go to college, I didnt leave the I 94 because was not returned to me, I have a copy though.
    Now I am not sure if Im able to travel to Usa I just wanna go to visit my family.
    I overstayed because of them

Comment

when was that happening?

Why were you finaly denied? Why did you wait 3 months to leave the US?

Changing status in the US comes with a risk to be denied and accumulate an overstay.

Comment

I got the last INS denied letter on December 17 2003.
        I was finally denied because "the porpuse of my requested extension was contrary to the definition of a B2 visitor for pleasure", I waited 3 months trying to find a solution to my case, finally I realized that if I stayed as an ilegal I was not able to attend college, so I decided to come back to Peru.
        My sister and my dad are going to travel next week to the USA, (just for 20 days), Will be a good idea going with them??

Comment

Peruvian, not a good idea you will be wasting airfare. Your overstay cost you a 10 year bar from returning the US. If you travel with your family they will not admit you to US and you will have wasted airfare.
          "Being all fashioned of the self-same dust let us be merciful as well as just"
          Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comment

BTW, Peruvian Another excellent example of someone who enters legally and tries to fill out the correct paperwork but is "percieved" by the BCIS arbitrary adjudication *******s as trying to "get away with something".

Having never lived in abject poverty they cannot understand why someone who saved for thier entire life to come to the US to conduct an interview, get a job, or other business might want to make the most of that ONE SHOT, or do a little touring of the country a boon to our Tourist Industry before leaving.

Let Peruvians situation be a LESSON to all who try to legally navigate the immigration system in the US. BEWARE..if you don't pay homage to the Mafia (lawyers) to correctly submit your paperwork then you are screwed and must come in the way the Goons at Department of Homeland Security want you to WITHOUT INSPECTION.

Just remember without the Indians its not fun being a cowboy.
            "Being all fashioned of the self-same dust let us be merciful as well as just"
            Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed