Need help with family based application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with family based application

A friend of mine recently got a letter from US immration notifying her for the immigration visa process. She applied back in 1996 through her father (LPR) as a unmarried child of the principal applicant. She is married now and lives in Canada with her husband. Can she still process her immigration even though now she is nomore a unmarried child of the principal applicant?

Thanks

A friend of mine recently got a letter from US immration notifying her for the immigration visa process. She applied back in 1996 through her father (LPR) as a unmarried child of the principal applicant. She is married now and lives in Canada with her husband. Can she still process her immigration even though now she is nomore a unmarried child of the principal applicant?

Thanks

Comment

If her LPR father naturalized as a US citizen before she married, then the petition remains valid, and unless she was a citizen of Mexico or the Philippines, a visa should be available for her.

If her father did not become a citizen before she married, the she is SOL. Her father can file a new petition after he becomes a citizen or after her marriage ends, e.g. divorce or death of spouse.

Comment

Thanks "Old Man".

Her father is not a USC yet and neither she is a citizen of Mexico nor Philippines. Having said that, can you tell me what will be her case with the present situation mentioned earlier?

Thanks

Comment

She is married. Her father is an LPR. The petition is over, done, canceled, thru, kaput, finito, ended, null, terminated.

Comment

Working...
          X