eligible or not...........pls answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eligible or not...........pls answer

im waiting for the interview of adjustment of status from my primary sponsor w/c is company A. but right now im also working w/ company B w/out concurrent visa (im paying all the deduction like tax and ect). is this be a problem during the interview or in the process of getting green card.

im waiting for the interview of adjustment of status from my primary sponsor w/c is company A. but right now im also working w/ company B w/out concurrent visa (im paying all the deduction like tax and ect). is this be a problem during the interview or in the process of getting green card.

Comment

yes. it will be problem. you should not work for someone who did not have H1B for you.. not even if you are in the process of changing employer.your H1B should be approved and changed then only you can work. you can be detained on interview and deported..
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

but would they know that im working w/ another company?

Comment

but how would they know about that im working w/ another company.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mohan:
          yes. it will be problem. you should not work for someone who did not have H1B for you.. not even if you are in the process of changing employer.your H1B should be approved and changed then only you can work. you can be detained on interview and deported.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Has your second employer been withholding taxes and social security for you? Have you been declaring this income on your U.S. taxes? You and your employer should have been. If you haven't, you're likely to have bigger problems than just immigration. If you have, there's a paper trail a mile long for immigration to follow, and from what others have posted, at some point you're going to need to produce copies of your income tax returns, which is when you're likely to get bitten on the A-S-S.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">not even if you are in the process of changing employer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not correct, mohan, under AC21 portability rules an employee can start working for a new H-1 employer as soon as petition filed (before the approval of new H-1 petition).

But the occupation must be one that qualifies under "skilled worker" category, a bona fide new H-1 petition must be filed and all the other requirements of AC21 must be met.

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

Comment

yes, all the necessary deduction has been taken from tax to medicaid and etc. when i talk to company B they tell me that all i ned is my sss card, driver license and labor cert approval fr my company A. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AliBA:
                Has your second employer been withholding taxes and social security for you? Have you been declaring this income on your U.S. taxes? You and your employer should have been. If you haven't, you're likely to have bigger problems than just immigration. If you have, there's a paper trail a mile long for immigration to follow, and from what others have posted, at some point you're going to need to produce copies of your income tax returns, which is when you're likely to get bitten on the A-S-S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

not correct, CCA (Correctional corporation of America) is full of people who applied for H1B and under Ac 21 but still detained in these facilities.
                  I know what I am talking about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMPENETRABLE:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">not even if you are in the process of changing employer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not correct, mohan, under AC21 portability rules an employee can start working for a new H-1 employer as soon as petition filed (before the approval of new H-1 petition).

But the occupation must be one that qualifies under "skilled worker" category, a bona fide new H-1 petition must be filed and all the other requirements of AC21 must be met. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
                  X