Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP FIRST OFFENSE

I currently hold a J-1 visa as of 6/1999. I am married to a U.S. citizen for over 3yrs. My problem is on 7-2000 I had stolen a jacket worth $165.00, I was then charged with a felony. I had n e v e r did anything like this in my life, I dont even have a parking ticket. I also pleaded guilty. I was young and stupid! Now I am wondering if my wife can apply for me so that I can become a permanent resident. I was told it would be better for me to wait until it has been 7 years, or I can be deported? Is this true??

I currently hold a J-1 visa as of 6/1999. I am married to a U.S. citizen for over 3yrs. My problem is on 7-2000 I had stolen a jacket worth $165.00, I was then charged with a felony. I had n e v e r did anything like this in my life, I dont even have a parking ticket. I also pleaded guilty. I was young and stupid! Now I am wondering if my wife can apply for me so that I can become a permanent resident. I was told it would be better for me to wait until it has been 7 years, or I can be deported? Is this true??

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KOMO:
      On 7-2000 I had stolen a jacket worth $165.00, I was then charged with a felony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is somehow hard for me to believe that you would have a felony conviction for stealing a jacket. How did you steal it? Did you break in anywhere? Did you have any weapon or drugs? Were you caught in the act?

Btw, KOMO, your previous posts suggest you applied for citizenship? How is that possible?

Comment

If you have only crime what you said above then you are fine its not felony its mesdeamenor. the requirement of removal proceeding should be two or more measdemenor put alien into deportation proceedings. Also wait time is 5 years not 7years. Don't do it anything else to aviod any problem.. YEah not even Speeding or drunk driving..
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed