No announcement yet.

CAN I-864 (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) WAIT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN I-864 (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) WAIT?

HEY GUYS!!
    Here's the situation: I'm a person that overstayed her tourist visa and recently got married to a USC. They (uscis) told me to file the I-130 and I-485 TOGETHER.
    MY QUESTION IS... I read somewhere that you can file the I-864 LATER after the interview--or when you're called to the interview...?? IS this true? Or is that only for people who applied for VISAS?? Because if it is then it would buy us time to get jobs (he's a student now), and we won't have to have his mom co-sponsor us...
    Thank-you!!!!!!!
    CINT...

HEY GUYS!!
    Here's the situation: I'm a person that overstayed her tourist visa and recently got married to a USC. They (uscis) told me to file the I-130 and I-485 TOGETHER.
    MY QUESTION IS... I read somewhere that you can file the I-864 LATER after the interview--or when you're called to the interview...?? IS this true? Or is that only for people who applied for VISAS?? Because if it is then it would buy us time to get jobs (he's a student now), and we won't have to have his mom co-sponsor us...
    Thank-you!!!!!!!
    CINT...

Comment

I-864 should be sent with I-130/I-485 package. If you don't send it, you'll receive Request for further evidence, and that will put the petition on hold until you submit Affidavit of support.

Comment

What is the full package of forms to send with I-485 and I-130 together? I read I-864, how about the form for work permit and any other form not mentioned above. Any help?

Comment

inspector45, see here:
          http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm

The form for work permit, and Advance Parole (travel) are optional.

Comment

Working...
          X