Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My handicapped sister is stuck in Fiji

Hi,
    I need some advice. My mother is a USA permanent resident. She has had her greencard for 3 years. I have a sister who is a US citizen. Both of them have sponsored my sister, Pratima who is 30 years old and handicapped. She is emotionally and mentally very much attached to my mother. I have a brother and sister taking care of her in Fiji now. My mother has to go and come back all the time and spend most of the time in Fiji, because of my sister. Both petitions for her have been approved, but its going to take time. This is my mums last visit to USA and she has to stay here till she gets her citizenship or else she even is on the verge of losing her greencard. My brother and sister in Fiji are stuck because of Pratima and thy cannot move anywhere also. My sister and I in USA are very stable and can take very good care of mum and pratima.

My question is isn't there anyway, taking into consideration Pratimas disability and her attachment to mum, that she come here and wait for her visa in USA or come to USA somehow. Please let us know. We have tried everything to get Pratima out of Fiji but nothing works and we are in a dilemma now as we hate to see her and mum away from each other.It is a complicated case but that's the situation. Seeking help in this.

Thanks,
    Shammi

Hi,
    I need some advice. My mother is a USA permanent resident. She has had her greencard for 3 years. I have a sister who is a US citizen. Both of them have sponsored my sister, Pratima who is 30 years old and handicapped. She is emotionally and mentally very much attached to my mother. I have a brother and sister taking care of her in Fiji now. My mother has to go and come back all the time and spend most of the time in Fiji, because of my sister. Both petitions for her have been approved, but its going to take time. This is my mums last visit to USA and she has to stay here till she gets her citizenship or else she even is on the verge of losing her greencard. My brother and sister in Fiji are stuck because of Pratima and thy cannot move anywhere also. My sister and I in USA are very stable and can take very good care of mum and pratima.

My question is isn't there anyway, taking into consideration Pratimas disability and her attachment to mum, that she come here and wait for her visa in USA or come to USA somehow. Please let us know. We have tried everything to get Pratima out of Fiji but nothing works and we are in a dilemma now as we hate to see her and mum away from each other.It is a complicated case but that's the situation. Seeking help in this.

Thanks,
    Shammi

Comment

the short answer is NO. Your sister is not a tourist because she has no intention of returning to Fiji. She is not a student for the same reason. So, there is NO visa except the eventual immigrant visa, whioh takes time, and there are NO exceptions for anyone.

Comment

Working...
      X