X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Published Rule Removing Limitation for Period for EAD

More News to about...

Source: The Oh Law Firm

The USCIS published this desirable rule today. This removes the limitation for the USCIS to issue EAD for one-year validity period. Consequently, the USCIS is allowed to issue EAD for period longer or shorter than the one-year EAD which the immigration community is familiar with. The USCIS determine the validity period of EAD each time a new EAD is applied, or a renewal EAD is applied, or a replacement EAD is applied on the basis of the following standards:

- Immigration status of the applicant

- General processing time for underlying application or petition

- Required background checks and response times for background checks by other agencies

- Other security considerations or factors.

Where a political asylum is granted by the immigration court, USCIS will issue the EAD valid upto five (5) years.

This rule is effective today:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...4/04-16938.htm

More News to about...

Source: The Oh Law Firm

The USCIS published this desirable rule today. This removes the limitation for the USCIS to issue EAD for one-year validity period. Consequently, the USCIS is allowed to issue EAD for period longer or shorter than the one-year EAD which the immigration community is familiar with. The USCIS determine the validity period of EAD each time a new EAD is applied, or a renewal EAD is applied, or a replacement EAD is applied on the basis of the following standards:

- Immigration status of the applicant

- General processing time for underlying application or petition

- Required background checks and response times for background checks by other agencies

- Other security considerations or factors.

Where a political asylum is granted by the immigration court, USCIS will issue the EAD valid upto five (5) years.

This rule is effective today:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...4/04-16938.htm

Comment

Longer than one year is good news, but shorter? What will happen if these people said that "You should finish the AOS in 4 more months, so I'll just issue a 4 months EAD for you". Knowing the amazing speed of USCIS processing, that 4 months is easily translated to 14 months. It'll just be more hassle for the AOS adjustee.

Instead of continuously paying the catch-up game, USCIS should just issue an EAD for an extended period (3-4 yrs) and triple the fee to help their so-called budget underwoes and understaff.

Comment

I concur.

It takes my local district office (BOSTON) to complete the AOS process within 6-8 months. So, when someone applies AOS at that office, they will attain 6/8 months EAD? - I dont like the sound of "shorter than", its a potential risk if the USCIC doesn't also focus on it's promises with the AOS timeline for such cases.

Comment

Working...
        X