Need Help with CSS / I-687 application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with CSS / I-687 application

To the ones who have already submitted their application through CSS.

I need help with the documents that I need to submit with the I-687. Is there any specif manner in which they need to be presented? I don't have many things, since I was a minor at that time. However, I have been able to collect about 10 letters, affidavits from landlords, church, employers and people that know me from that time. Is that a good number or should I try to get more? It is hard to get these letters since I have had to find people that I have not seen in a long time.
    If anyone has applied without using an attorney, please let me know the best way to submit the documents. Thanks in advance.

To the ones who have already submitted their application through CSS.

I need help with the documents that I need to submit with the I-687. Is there any specif manner in which they need to be presented? I don't have many things, since I was a minor at that time. However, I have been able to collect about 10 letters, affidavits from landlords, church, employers and people that know me from that time. Is that a good number or should I try to get more? It is hard to get these letters since I have had to find people that I have not seen in a long time.
    If anyone has applied without using an attorney, please let me know the best way to submit the documents. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Jorge:
      Documents you have collected that should be enough. Print all the forms and start filling out one by one. If you do not understand any part, let us know.

Comment

Thanks Rafi for your response.
        Here are the first questions about form I-687:
        1- Section 30 - Residences in USA: Do I start with my present one? or the one where I was living in '87?
        2- Section 32- How important is this section? I have not belonged to any association that I recall of?
        3- Section - Employment in USA: The same question as 1.
        That's it for now. Thanks

Jorge

Comment

hi please i need help too cos i was a minor at dat time too pls tell me how much information and if u have gotten ur green card or how the interview went

Comment

stating minor means wht age can u clarify pls

Comment

i was around 8 to be specific

Comment

i would highly recommend using an attorney familiar with the "late amnesty" program. my wife and i used an attorney and he was very helpful. he accompanied us to the interview and he basically did all the talking for us. all the immigration officer did was to go through what we filled out in the I-687 application form and the supporting documentation. the interview lasted 30 to 45 minutes. our attorney charged us about $1000 to fill out the application and assemble the package. it was nice little package of supporting evidence (that included a nice little summary of our immigration situation as a cover letter) to support our case. my wife and i thought the interview went well because my attorney understood the "late amnesty" program very well and was able to tell the immigration officer what was needed and what wasn't needed to adjudicate our case. however, it's been four months now since our interview and we still haven't heard anything to this day. :-(

Comment

where did you appear for your interview?

Comment

Our interview was conducted in New York City. From one of the postings, Atul of Oklahoma City got his interview later than us and he got his Temporary Resident card in the mail a few weeks later.

Comment

Here is the facts about late amnesty please, do'nt submit any affidavits if really you were residing before 1981 you should and must have some kind of proof others affidavit will never be helpful for your case, as i was misguided by the word lateamnesty it was describe people who came before 1988 are eligible but basically was a lawsuit css and lulac i entered in 1986 and i had allkind of proof and did applied in 1990 and group of people prepare the paperwork were strange and disappear i did call INS nothing work out and i have to face the problem by myself, so anyone want to jump for such case be prepared and god bless them and will never get response unless if they have documented proof yes for them there will be golden opportunity and the collecttion of others affidavit will put you as well as in danger,NOW INS is not a joke and any one going for late amnesty lulac css they have to thing about and attorney can'not do anything whatever they ask they will ask from the particular person, this is my experience and the mistake i did in the past still suffering and anyone want any advice please do'nt be fool if not have solid evidence think something else.

Comment

all you good people out there...my wife and i are so sad...we applied for i-687 in july 2004...we had our interview in august 2005 and to this day we haven't heard anything...everyday we check the status on the CIS website but we haven't had any new news for so long...we are so sad...we pray and pray everyday hoping for good news...we have been illegal for so long and we want to be legal again...we love this country very much.

sincerely yours,
                        krishna

Comment

ANY UPDATE ON THIS? THANKS!

Comment

LA BOY, I applied my I-687 on aug2004 and had an interview 2005 in sotto LA,and the gentleman(da)ask me to produce id and the phone number of my effidts,since its long time I only produce their phone number.2006june i recived a attemed to denial and me to appeal with produing more evidance.I appeal with some more diffret evidace of wittness whom I met in the 1982 and stil I see them.today I recived a email that my case in the final appeal center.I do not know whats goin on?
                            sa

Comment

hi shafiq344,

thanks for the update. im scheduled for mi i687 interview soon here in LA (soto st). Any advice that you can give me. Also, can you please post details of how your interview went. I would really appreciate it.

Lets think positive! =)

Comment

Working...
                              X