UPGRADING PETITION I30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPGRADING PETITION I30

I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF UPGRADING A PETITION FROM PETITION OF GREEN CARD HOLDER TO PETITION OF A US CITIZEN? DOES IT MAKE THINGS COMPLICATED? IF I CALL TO UPGRADE MY PETITION FROM LPR TO US CITIZEN, DOES IT TAKE A LONG TIME AS FAR AS CONVERTING THE PETITION OR DO THEY CHANGE IT RIGHT AWAY> HOW DOES USCIS PROCESS IT?
    thanks>>>>>>

I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF UPGRADING A PETITION FROM PETITION OF GREEN CARD HOLDER TO PETITION OF A US CITIZEN? DOES IT MAKE THINGS COMPLICATED? IF I CALL TO UPGRADE MY PETITION FROM LPR TO US CITIZEN, DOES IT TAKE A LONG TIME AS FAR AS CONVERTING THE PETITION OR DO THEY CHANGE IT RIGHT AWAY> HOW DOES USCIS PROCESS IT?
    thanks>>>>>>

Comment

My friend, simply calling won't make things happen. You need to seek a competent legal advice regarding this case.

Comment

Star15,
        What is the petition for? Did you(an LPR) petition for someone and now you are a USC? If this is the case, upgrading may change when the priority date becomes current and may be a good thing. When you call the USCIS #, they tell you how to do this. To answer your question more accurately, need more info.

Comment

I have a LPR petition for my husband and now a US citizen?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by star15:
            I have a LPR petition for my husband and now a US citizen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, now it's clearer. Hahaha, info comes in trickle! Here's my "opinion" in this case.

Is the I-130 approved yet? If so, attach a copy of the approval to the AOS packet (I-485, I-864, G-325 [for both of you], & I-765 [if he needs an EAD]).

If the I-130 is filed but pending approval, it's a bit tricky. Just prepare the same AOS packet and attach the I-130 receipt notice.

It depends where your location is. Officers at some USCIS local offices require an I-130 re-filed (without a fee) but some do not.

Comment

Working...
            X