Pattern and habit of thought.
    Implications of cultural difference
    in perception and evaluation of
    information.
    Differing value judgements.
    Greko-Roman vs. Nordic.
    Spaniard vs. German.

Two people have a conversation.
    First man talks about very complex, metaphysical matters and expresses his personal/different from conventional opinion on them.
    Second, unable to grasp and frightened by the depth of subject, feels the need to stop the conversation and punish the One who perpetrated idyllic, peaceful state of his presumptive mind.

So, in the middle of the conversation about the physical interaction of matter in quantum physics as opposed to Newtonian physics, and the implications of the apparent contradiction of two in our comprehension of the Universe, the Second man suddenly asks the first about the size of his Grandmother's shoe.

Shocked by irrelevance of the question to the subject matter discussed, first man refuses to answer the question.
    Second man, inspired by the refusal of the first to answer a "simple question" (but inspired by different reasoning than first) proceeds with thoughts such as this:
    "He refused to inform me of the size of his Grandma's feet. WHY? Ah, perhaps he tries to conceal something. Yes, he has a Secret! Why such thing should be a Secret? Perhaps it is embarrassing. This must be a crime! What
    could it be? Let me ask next question"-at that point second man proceeds with second question: "So, tell me, what do you think about the use of chain saw?"

At that point first man gasps with the thought: "What an incomprehensible Swine!".
    He then abruptly ends the conversation and walks away at fast pace without saying any more word.

At this very moment a delightful smile appears on the face of the second man, with the thoughts such as these:
    "Bingo! I got him! He is a GUILTY MURDERER who cut his Grandma's feet with the electric chainsaw, cooked a soup out of it and ate it for the lunch! Oh yes, he is a guilty MURDERER!
    Genius ME! I caught a CRIMINAL!"

Two men part, never able to continue a conversation.

============================================
    Question to the forum members:
    How familiar does that story sound to you?

Inspired by writings of Jorge Luis Borges

Mental Interaction.
    information.
    Greko-Roman vs. Nordic.
    Spaniard vs. German.

Two people have a conversation.
    First man talks about very complex, metaphysical matters and expresses his personal/different from conventional opinion on them.
    Second, unable to grasp and frightened by the depth of subject, feels the need to stop the conversation and punish the One who perpetrated idyllic, peaceful state of his presumptive mind.

So, in the middle of the conversation about the physical interaction of matter in quantum physics as opposed to Newtonian physics, and the implications of the apparent contradiction of two in our comprehension of the Universe, the Second man suddenly asks the first about the size of his Grandmother's shoe.

Shocked by irrelevance of the question to the subject matter discussed, first man refuses to answer the question.
    Second man, inspired by the refusal of the first to answer a "simple question" (but inspired by different reasoning than first) proceeds with thoughts such as this:
    "He refused to inform me of the size of his Grandma's feet. WHY? Ah, perhaps he tries to conceal something. Yes, he has a Secret! Why such thing should be a Secret? Perhaps it is embarrassing. This must be a crime! What
    could it be? Let me ask next question"-at that point second man proceeds with second question: "So, tell me, what do you think about the use of chain saw?"

At that point first man gasps with the thought: "What an incomprehensible Swine!".
    He then abruptly ends the conversation and walks away at fast pace without saying any more word.

At this very moment a delightful smile appears on the face of the second man, with the thoughts such as these:
    "Bingo! I got him! He is a GUILTY MURDERER who cut his Grandma's feet with the electric chainsaw, cooked a soup out of it and ate it for the lunch! Oh yes, he is a guilty MURDERER!
    Genius ME! I caught a CRIMINAL!"

Two men part, never able to continue a conversation.

============================================
    Question to the forum members:
    How familiar does that story sound to you?

Comment

Good story and explanation...and everything said in first paragraph has big impact on reasoning ...

Not defending oneself with wrong accusation is a crime too... its always better to come out and defend instead of making mystery to prove the point as not many might get it ....

Comment

Some facts are solid.... And they should be published as conclusion of an experiment to let other people know about it, particularly when they are based on scientific research ... they don't require any debate coz they are the results of experiments / projects .... No debate or question in that particular field (for example - quantum physics) could be initiated if they are proven .... And expecting debate / points but agreement on that would be immature thing.... Just like said in first paragraph ...those factors make it difficult for a person to understand other's reply / motives ....

Comment

Sounds like Michael is the second man.

E. = Einstein
          Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Hey E.

I knew you'd come back. However I was starting to get a little worried. Hope u r not faker E. The real E. would have at least put a wink or two in the post.;-)

They all come back.

Come on back with the "Love em Hate em" debate proclamation stuff. It brings spice to the board.

ok people..... Pay up.

Comment

Mental Interaction.
              information.
              Greko-Roman vs. Nordic.
              Spaniard vs. German.
              E.(native country) vs Pasha (native country)

"E:
              Again, we have a certain misunderstanding here."

hmmmmm....I guess its true ... Had to add one more to the list

Comment

4now, you get an A+!!!!!

E., I realize that the discussions on your other two posts can go on for a long time but I'm anxious to see what your next topic is about.

Comment

The day someone stops learning, as in thinks they know everything, is a pretty sad day....

We all need some good mind stretches, post!

4now, does E. seem happier to you than he used to be?

Comment

Hey Still Baby

Gee I'm not sure.. E. is praising me here and roasting me in the other thread.

Just think once E accepts us.. then can let the guard down. u know stop trying to anyalyze us and just realize we are just a bunch of "goofballs" late at nite.

happiness= prozac or snort. u make the call

Comment

4now, least you got an A, I got a "don't disappoint me"

happiness = Simply Red and a diet rite

Comment

Still

You couldnt disappoint anybody if you tried.
                        E. must have been smokin that la la la .

happiness=Steely Dan and java

u r still the best.

Goodnite Gracy
                        Goodnite Still
                        Goodnite E.

Comment

Hey E., lay off the caffeine?

"I don't know, really I have no idea how this all happens "

Right!!

Comment

I had gone for some time and I see very interesting replies here .... Looks like you guys had a good party time last night .... Well .... E

My reply was directed to your question ...

"Question to the forum members:
                            How familiar does that story sound to you?"

apparently you didn't understand my reply .... Or may be u understood and didn't let it reach your mind

again you talk about everything else but topic / point / discussion in first original post .... I think we both are watching different channels .... Well I would say you are watching different channel than others ...coz others seemed to have the same impression before and now ....

What seems to be immature is an attempt to avoid the discussion of the SUBJECT MATTER by focusing on finding what criminal behavior/thought/motivation led your opponent to express the opinion that you either don't understand, disagree with or are unwilling to contemplate about.
                            To CONTEMPLATE the SUBJECT MATTER is not the same thing as to agree with your opponent. Neither does vilifying your opponent mean "to debate the issue".

Yeah but only if its related to discussion " subject matter" and not related to cosmos or everything else but main topic ...like here in this thread

Again, we have a certain misunderstanding here.

Of course, if one is PROPERLY accused (PROPERLY accused, which means ARRESTED, HANDCUFFED and SUMMONED to the Court of Law to answer the CHARGES before the Judge, with all the RELEVANT Evidence present) then it would be a madness not to defend oneself, knowing that one is innocent.

Again misunderstanding .... My point is its better not to create mystery and come out and ask directly what's bugging you or somebody else ... related to your question in original post again...!!! I know u r getting me right here ...

You do lot of search and cut and paste here .... Great .... Well this is immigration forum ...but I like to read all this kinda stuff so its fun ...but again what's inside your conscience that makes you post here without having any immigration issues? Have you ever thought about that? Is that related to some past events fixed in your subconscious or something else? Or urge for something?

Well lets talk directly on subject without going here and there that has little connection with matter ... well like I said if we want we can connect anything to any subject matter ....

Have a great day...!!! Pasha

Comment

INTERESTING
                              Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                              X