Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help (Anyone)

posted June 23, 2004 01:16 AM
    I'm not sure what to do? My fiance' lives in Pakistan. Which route should I go, I-130 (go there and marry him then try to bring him here to the United States) or I-129 (fill out the paper work and marry him when he gets here). I know that both take a long time. I'm adjusting to that fact!
    I want to know which form will be most successful in bringing him to me. With the news the way it is I'm not sure. Is it better for me to just marry him in Pakistan and then try to bring him here after I return as a relative/spouse or try for the fiance' visa.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Lawyers cost $2500 and I really can not afford to pay that so any crumb you can through me as to how to get my fiance' to me would be wonderful!

posted June 23, 2004 01:16 AM
    I'm not sure what to do? My fiance' lives in Pakistan. Which route should I go, I-130 (go there and marry him then try to bring him here to the United States) or I-129 (fill out the paper work and marry him when he gets here). I know that both take a long time. I'm adjusting to that fact!
    I want to know which form will be most successful in bringing him to me. With the news the way it is I'm not sure. Is it better for me to just marry him in Pakistan and then try to bring him here after I return as a relative/spouse or try for the fiance' visa.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Lawyers cost $2500 and I really can not afford to pay that so any crumb you can through me as to how to get my fiance' to me would be wonderful!

Comment

Hi kshelton2,

DCF would be the fastest way to bring your fiancée here if you qualify for that ... visit the below mentioned link and read everything .... Visit other links included in that post and you will have clear idea what is best for you. Good luck... Pasha

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438

Comment

depends upon you status. are u LPR or Citizen?
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

I am a Citizen born in Kentucky! and DCF (direct counselor filing) is not offered in Pakistan.

Comment

I married a Pakistani.

Hope you know what you are getting into, otherwise, RUN!
            Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Fiancée visa might be good option for you... take a look here

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

good luck..

Comment

josephine schmo...what happened...are there any signs. My fiancee is willing to marry in a christian church and adapt to my christian ways once away from home. if all pakistanis are bad give me the warning signs...believe me i can be mean, and he is a little guy. i don't want to hurt him...i'm no small fry...so any info you can give me it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

You better think this thing through.....Pakistanis are famous for saying and doing all sorts of things.....until they get their green card. Then they leave, remarry their first wife and file for her and their kids that you knew nothing about. If he is that heavily entrenched in his beliefs (he'll give them up once he's outside of Pakistan!!!!!) do you really think he's going to change? Would you change your belief simply because someone else wanted you too and didn't want to change theirs? Think this through carefully before you end up like so many others before you.

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE! I'm going to consider this thing a little more!!! I guess I'm just nieve, I actually believed that love ment more to this man than a green card.
                    Wow, if that is the case I can settle for a regular ol' american man. At least they already live in the USA.

Comment

hey

Don't be prejudiced ... if you really love him ... u can go check him out and find more info before getting involved into serious relationship .... " not all fingers are same length "...good luck

Comment

I'm glad you said that Pasha, because I'm not ready to give up! I do love him alot. Enough to travel to Pakistan once I save up enough money for a round trip ticket and some jewlery.
                        I'm just worried because he is so beautiful! And he doesn't even know it and I'm afraid he will get here and others will see how beautiful he is and try to take him from me! So I want to make sure he excepts me for me! Even though I refuse to switch my religion to Muslim, and so far he accepts me and loves me with all of my faults...and most men I have run into don't accept me because I don't look like Halley Berry! He is real! And I want him with me! Marriage or Fiancee I must get him to me!

Comment

I am starting to think this might be one of E.'s phony threads, but, ****, if anyone knows Paki's, it's me. I've worked for them, and married one.

If you met him on the net, forget it!

Listen to BronzeLady! I have to go through 3-4 years of marriage, at the risk of what she posted happening. OH PLEASE GOD, LET IT HAPPEN! SET ME FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

They want their wives as servants. They expect you to cook, clean, do dishes, laundry, etc. Ahahahaahahaha!

Help with the bills? Fuggetaboutit! Why should YOU have to pay for plane ticket, ect.?

I never heard of a Paki converting. No way!

My husband drinks, smokes, lies, gambles, and I never once saw him pray. But heaven forbid, he touch pork!

Also, you will be responsible for him finacially for 10 years if you sponsor him, even if you get divorced!

They have absolutely no respect for women at all. Unless you want to convert to muslim, veil, and be good little wife/slave/servant.

Finally, they LOVE to push your buttons. Meaning, you WILL knock him out!
                          Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

JO and BronzeLady, are you the two girls always sitting in the bar, can't reach the grapes but don't want to let other people who can reach them get access. Kshelton2 if you know the guy and you love each other go with your heart and don't listen to all these haters, they were dumped and can't get over it so they're just hating on you. I wish you the best of luck with your future husband.

Comment

Have you thought about blowing up a building yourself and saving the trouble and airfare of bringing him here ? Were you born an idiot or did you develop dementia ?

Comment

Working...
                              X