• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now tell me they don't have it better than citizens

* Letter by a Florida teacher ................ A teacher speaks:

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you
    know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not
    US citizens and who get the PELL grant, which is a federal grant (no pay
    back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she
    didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program,
    because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was
    getting a PELL grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus
    money leftover.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT
    CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special
    program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care
    and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one
    student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a US Citizen
    because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that
    she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is
    giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told
    me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there
    for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and
    if you ARE a US Citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all
    the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60
    hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our
    education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry but after hearing
    they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough.
    Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German or
    any other language because of immigration. It was written by Francis
    Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The
    news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.Sorry if
    this offends anyone but this is MY COUNTRY.

IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along.
    I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else.

Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job;
    pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other
    immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM, Think about this: If you don't want
    to forward this for fear of offending someone -- YOU'RE PART OF THE
    PROBLEM! It is Time for America to Speak up If you agree -- pass this
    along, if you don't agree --- delete it

money leftover.

she 'loves HER country.'

for!

education.

along, if you don't agree --- delete it

Comment

Check out facts before posting
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Thanks Sprint for the website. Someone sent that to me.

But there must be some truth because I got a survey from Judical Watch an organization based out of D.C. and they had very interesting questions on it.

I ask my daughter to scan at work and share with the forum. I still haven't gotten all the answers to the questions from my legislators.

But I stand correct based on this web site until I do further research.

Comment

Sprint-girl is a trouble maker

Comment

You are missing the point. Immigrants are stealing and taking advantage of Americans. Thats the point.

Comment

well i am 100% irish and no they do not sing the national anthem in irish at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:

money leftover.

she 'loves HER country.'

for!

education.

along, if you don't agree --- delete it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Regards and thanks,
              Mary Josephine :-)

Comment

No you be the trouble maker SOM <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                Sprint-girl is a trouble maker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                Regards and thanks,
                Mary Josephine :-)

Comment

If you are an honest permanent resident? Obtaining this gift through proper procedures? Then many posts do not Apply to you!!!

RH, was off slightly, do to the grapevine of variation and understanding of the article.

The point: many Flaws within immigration miss or Ignore those of fraudulent Intent! Many immigrants follow honest procedure without fraud. yet many others take advantage of the Loopholes!!!

To speak anything other than riddles, would be providing answers and therefore contributing to the Undesirables!!!
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
                    Thanks Sprint for the website. Someone sent that to me.

But there must be some truth because I got a survey from Judical Watch an organization based out of D.C. and they had very interesting questions on it.

I ask my daughter to scan at work and share with the forum. I still haven't gotten all the answers to the questions from my legislators.

But I stand correct based on this web site until I do further research. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The article is circulated to try to stir up awareness. It does not really lie about any of the matters. snopes.com did not do a very good job on this, and tried to push their own bias opinion/spin on it.

The article never mentions illegals/undocumented, nor does it imply such as snopes attempts to distort. Snopes did not even try to find the real truth on "WAIT" and erroneously used a teen program to try to infer their view as this was made up.

The article is just trying to bring awareness to us citizens about programs that are out there that their tax dollars are being spent on that they may or may not know about.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT
                      and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training.
                      The one
                      she 'loves HER country.'

for!

education. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As snopes points out, the caribe program is for refugees. Everything that author writes is true in regards for what it provides for the refugees. The point in the article is that legal residents or us citizens cannot get this extreme help that a refugee can get. So yes a valid point is being brought up. Why not? As a matter of fact, perm residnts cannot seek /utilize many programs for 5 years. Where is the fairness is all that is being asked here by the author. And no, refugees were not paying the taxes for such a costly program. The point is well taken.

Snopes did not investigate the "credit card" for gas at all. Yes there was a program in 2006 that supported giving students a $100 gas card to attend college. Each state had it's own name for the program. It was discontinued in 2007. However, each of the states now offered a gas card for the general needy that use the various welfare programs. These programs were extended to be available to college students in the recent past. Food stamps and gas cards are under TANF (Temporary assistance to needy families) Most of the state programs now use what is similar to a check cashing credit card m/c/visa. These credit like cards have helped reduce fraud or selling of benefits for cash by the welfare recipients.

Here is an
                      exercpt from article on gas cards

"The Defiance County Department of Job and Family Services is offering gasoline cards over the next 12 days for certain income level households.
                      The department will utilize $40,000 in federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) funding to provide a maximum $200 gasoline card to 200 households. Total household income cannot exceed 200 percent of the federal poverty level guidelines.
                      Applications must be made by June 22 as the cards will be disbursed by June 29. Cards will be valid until September.
                      According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' poverty guidelines, this would translate to $20,420 for a household of one, $27,380 for a household of two, $34,340 for a household of three, $41,300 for a household of four, $48,260 for a household of five and $54,320 for a household of six.
                      Defiance County Job and Family Services' interim director Jack Graf said TANF funds are used for a variety of family-oriented purposes. Although gas vouchers are allowed at any time for such things as helping persons get to work, this is the first program utilizing gas cards.
                      "The whole aim of TANF is to help people who are working to become self-sufficient," said Graf. "There are all kinds of ways to use TANF funds. All TANF funds are geared toward helping families."
                      As for the gas card program, Graf said, "I'm sure there will be more applications than we have dollars. But we have to draw the line somewhere."
                      According to the county's website (www.defiance-county.com), guidelines for the gas card program include:
                      -- A potentially eligible household must contain a minor child, and an adult who is employed at least 20 hours per week, outside the home, earning at least minimum wage.
                      -- Household income, which includes all gross wages, child support, unemployment compensation, workers' compensation, Social Security, SSI, etc., must not exceed 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
                      -- Verification of all household income must be provided at the same time as the application. Applications that do not have verification included with them will be denied.
                      -- A maximum of 200 applications will be approved. The first eligible households to submit both their application and all needed verifications will be approved.
                      -- Households which contain someone who is serving a work activity sanction are not eligible.
                      -- No more than one approval per household will be made. "

<span class="ev_code_RED">Every state has a differnt name for their programs like this, WAIT or something similar may have been the name of the college student gas program back in 2006. Regardless, the program existed and was not ficitional. </span>

Comment

Working...
                      X