Should we lie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we lie?

Hi, My husband and I met three years ago in Europe. He is a US citizen and he came to visit me in my home country last year and we decided we want to get married...I came to the US a year ago and we got married in the court house...Now we want to start my immigration papers and my husband tells me that we have to lie to the immigration and not tell them we met before I came here...we love each other and our marriage is not a lie so do you think it is safe and wise to tell the immigration we met after I came here? and create a story? My husband says immigration will consider me An Intendent Immigrant... I appreciate if you can give me some insight in this matter. Thank you to all of you.

Hi, My husband and I met three years ago in Europe. He is a US citizen and he came to visit me in my home country last year and we decided we want to get married...I came to the US a year ago and we got married in the court house...Now we want to start my immigration papers and my husband tells me that we have to lie to the immigration and not tell them we met before I came here...we love each other and our marriage is not a lie so do you think it is safe and wise to tell the immigration we met after I came here? and create a story? My husband says immigration will consider me An Intendent Immigrant... I appreciate if you can give me some insight in this matter. Thank you to all of you.

Comment

Your husband is an idiot. Of course you can meet and get married before you come here. Presumably you came on a tourist visa. You can validly claim that you just intended to visit at first and then change your mind. I recommend that you divorce him as soon as you get your permanent green card.

Comment

Michael is experienced in these matters and I agree....like all other grints divorce your husband after you get a GC. scammers!!

Comment

Thanks for your replies...I would like to know why do you recommend I divorce him after having my Green Card? Are you joking?

Comment

Do not lie to the USCIS. Good luck.

Comment

Just ignore everything that the Michael fella is spouting. Lieing to USCIS will just hurt you in the end.

Comment

If you read my post you would see that I said NOT to lie to BCIS; just say you came here to visit and decided to marry; just don't say that you came here to get married

Comment

Thank you so much folks for your replies...

Comment

Working...
                  X