I130 timeframe ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 timeframe ??

How long does it take I130 to be approved? my Dad is a permanent resident and i am unmarried and under 21 . we filled in July 2006. thanks !

How long does it take I130 to be approved? my Dad is a permanent resident and i am unmarried and under 21 . we filled in July 2006. thanks !

Comment

Hi Hay and welcome,

It all depends. What country are you filing from? Waiting periods differ.

Comment

Hi, I am currently living in the usa. an we filled at the california center. and i am from venezuela .. thanks

Comment

Not sure of you whole situation, Hay. How did you arrive in the USA? Have you had any illegal presence? It all matters. Immigration here is very complicated.

Comment

i enter under visa b1\b2 in 2000

Comment

So, is your visa expired? Or, have you renewed it? An overstay can be forgiven, but it's best that a citizen is filing for you. How long until your dad can become a citizen??

Comment

yes mi visa is expired. and yes , i overstay . it would be around 2 more years for my dad to become a citizen

Comment

Hi Hay,

I think you will have quite a wait. Things process much more quickly when the petitioner is a USC. Perhaps your dad can refile in two years after he becomes a citizen. I wish the best of luck to you and hope things work out.

Comment

Thanks for your time !

Comment

It all depends on how old you are. Right now, you are looking at about a 4-5 year wait to get your green card because your dad is a PR and you're under 21. If your dad becomes a citizen before you turn 21, the process will be fairly quick- you should be able to get your GC within a year of him getting his citizenship.

If you turn 21 before your dad gets his citizenship, then your looking at a much longer wait ahead.

Comment

Hi hay_david23

You need to get to know your situation very well if you want a successful outcome.

1. It does not matter when I-130 will be approved as you will still have to wait for your priority date (July 2006) to become current before you can adjust status to become a resident or get an immigrant visa. Google "Visa Bulletin" and look under F2 category for your contry. That will give you an idea how long the wait is (around 5 years).

2. Since you don't have status in USA, you will be able to adjust status and become resident once it is your turn only if your father becomes USC before you turn 21.

3. If the above is not a case, you'll have to leave USA, and get an immigrant visa in your home country. Once you leave the USA you will have a ban on returning and you'll have to deal with that as well.

4. So, you dad became PR 3 years ago. How come you were not included in that petition?

Instead of us guessing possible scenarios, it would help if you tell us your age.

Comment

Dependants of LPRs cannot adjust in the US if they are illegal.

Comment

alright here my case .. my sister in an American citizen . my sister filled for my mom and dad. that around 4 years ago , then after my dad got his PR , he filled for my younger sister and me. we are unmarried son under 21 . we just got the i30 approve last week ( it took around 4 years ) now , my question is , whats next?? will i get my work permit? and what the wait time

Comment

You still have not told us how old you are right now. Without that information, no one can tell you anything. You will not be getting your work permit as you cannot adjust status in the U.S. because you overstayed your visa.

Comment

Working...
                              X