Stepchild Petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepchild Petition

I am a US (Born) Citizen and my husband is a LPR (since 2000). We have been married since 1997.
    On June 2000 a prearranged marriage took place and he divorced on February 2001. Now he has a 5 y/o child. We are planning to bring him here, is he qualify for my petition? Am I qualify to petition for him? What is the fastest way to have him immigrate? Thank you.
    csrshuttle

I am a US (Born) Citizen and my husband is a LPR (since 2000). We have been married since 1997.
    On June 2000 a prearranged marriage took place and he divorced on February 2001. Now he has a 5 y/o child. We are planning to bring him here, is he qualify for my petition? Am I qualify to petition for him? What is the fastest way to have him immigrate? Thank you.
    csrshuttle

Comment

i believe that you can file for your stepchild as long as you can prove that you are married to a biological parent of the child. Since he is five years old, he would then have an visa waiting for him, immediate relative which as a no wait time for visas. The first step is to file an i-130 application. Good luck and best wishes,

not legal advice.

Comment

Working...
      X