Removal Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal Order

If a person lost the court and was ordered to be removed, how long will this order in effect. Can he get a new start after some years, like ten?

If a person lost the court and was ordered to be removed, how long will this order in effect. Can he get a new start after some years, like ten?

Comment

Hi Farkey,

I think it depends on the circumstance of removal. There are situations where a person can receive a life-time ban. If you explain a bit more, maybe someone can help.

Comment

It is not me. He was applying for political asylum, but, he lost it about ten years ago. He wanders whether after ten years, the order is not in effect and he is free to marry someone for the purpose of status. That is all I was told.

Comment

Yes, just get married, then go to the USCIS office and apply to adjust your status to greencard holder. Good luck.

Comment

farkey, i don't think it is that simple, first and far most he/she has to reopen her case since it has been closed for the last 10 years.

Question would be if this case was every appealed to the BIA. At any event you will need a lawyer.
            its going to be a tough road back. remeber by not leaving as ordered meant that the law was broken. He/She has to remove that deportation order from the record before anything can happen.

good luck

Comment

Trust me, a marriage to a US citizen will solve all your problems.

Comment

your 'friend' is a scumbag....who lost his phony bid for aslyum, ignored the removal order and now wants to marry one of the cows from immigrate2us.lardbutt to get a green card....no fn way....tell your 'friend' to board a plane and go back to his own country.

Comment

Working...
                X