Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residence Evidence

Hi. I got married last March and i got my first interview date. i have one problem. Before i got married i was living in NJ. My wife was living in NY. She didnt want to move in with me, her apartment was too small so we moved a new apartment in NY. My lawyer that moment told me that things go faster in NJ and he doesnt come to interview in NY. So i decided to keep my residence in NJ. I kept my apartment. i rent one room out I kept the small room and recieved my mails to this apartment. Another reason is it is a rent controlled apartment and i pay very little rent for it and me and my wife dont want to loose this apartment.
    But basically we spent lots of money for our new apartment. We have couple of utility bills coming to NY apartment on our name together. My old NJ apartment everything is on my name. Basically only our Bank statements goes to NJ address. My question is It is possible to have two address as a residence. We are really rally married but we didnt have wedding, we dont have many pictures together and my wife has a problem with her tax payments. i havent paid tax yet because we got married on March and i recieved my work permit on July. So i dont know if i should tell them that we live mostly in NY but our residence is in NJ. Thank you.

Hi. I got married last March and i got my first interview date. i have one problem. Before i got married i was living in NJ. My wife was living in NY. She didnt want to move in with me, her apartment was too small so we moved a new apartment in NY. My lawyer that moment told me that things go faster in NJ and he doesnt come to interview in NY. So i decided to keep my residence in NJ. I kept my apartment. i rent one room out I kept the small room and recieved my mails to this apartment. Another reason is it is a rent controlled apartment and i pay very little rent for it and me and my wife dont want to loose this apartment.
    But basically we spent lots of money for our new apartment. We have couple of utility bills coming to NY apartment on our name together. My old NJ apartment everything is on my name. Basically only our Bank statements goes to NJ address. My question is It is possible to have two address as a residence. We are really rally married but we didnt have wedding, we dont have many pictures together and my wife has a problem with her tax payments. i havent paid tax yet because we got married on March and i recieved my work permit on July. So i dont know if i should tell them that we live mostly in NY but our residence is in NJ. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation