Need Help''Attorney or Someone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help''Attorney or Someone

Ive Lived in the United States since I was 3 years old. I came with my mom to the United States in 1990 or 1991 ilegaly. i went to school here all my life, i am curently 18 yrs old i am registered to the selective service system. i have found it rather difficult these years my mom past away when i was 16yrs old, now im trying to seek residence in the US. can someone help?

Ive Lived in the United States since I was 3 years old. I came with my mom to the United States in 1990 or 1991 ilegaly. i went to school here all my life, i am curently 18 yrs old i am registered to the selective service system. i have found it rather difficult these years my mom past away when i was 16yrs old, now im trying to seek residence in the US. can someone help?

Comment

Rob, if I were in your shoes I would consider the military. You can go to college and get on a fast track to the green card.

If it were me though I would join the air force as you have the least chance of being sent into combat.

Comment

Or the Coast guard - they are traveling all over the world!

Comment

can i truly join the armed forces?
          i doubt the will accept me....

Comment

why not join the "foreign legion?" -- they ask no questions about your background, and, better yet, the US would be rid of one more illegal alien..

Comment

hey Someone12, it is not his fault that his mom took him to the US illegally by the age of 3!

Comment

Hey Miriamz - guess what...I don't care. He's 18....a grown-up....he can choose to be responsible...or not.

Comment

I am sorry, but I do not believe you can join any part of the military as an illegal alien. Check out www.immigrate2us.net for some ideas!

Comment

you have to be a Citizen or an LPR to join the US Military.

Although I understand that they do turn a blind eye, recruitment issues being what they are.

Comment

Bushmaster has posted extensively on this. For correct information you might want to do a search for his posts.

Comment

Lots of people join the military. And not all of them are legal. Why wouldn't they take you? There are huge newspaper write ups about people in the military and become citizens - and not they were not PRs. Check it out. If you have registered for selective service - go talk to a recruiter. ( I hear they hand out GCs to people who graduate from flying school.)

Comment

< I hear they hand out GCs to people who graduate from flying school. >

This is not true, I could have gotten my GC without any trouble then. I am a graduate of a ICAO Flight School.

Long story short, no illegal aliens can not join the military, unless they forge their GCs and related documents. If military finds out, they would get dishonorable discharge for fradulent enlistment. However, citizenship is available for those who serve in the Armed Forces and residing illegally in the US. Beats me... It must be for those who forge their documents and join the military. I would NOT suggest following that route.
                          SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

I think the flying reference was a piss take on 911.

Comment

I was trying to join the US military on a conditional green card and couldn't.
                              The recruiters even sent a waiver request to the Recruiting Command.
                              So the answer is NO, you cannot legally join the arm forces.

Comment

Working...
                              X