getting my mother here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my mother here

Could anyone suggest the best approach to bring my mother from Paraguay to the USA? I am a permanent resident (green card). My mom is originally from the CARIBBEAN and has been in Paraguay for the last few years. I cannot apply for an I-130 and could possibly seek an I-140 for her since she has special educational and artistic skills. Or should we try for a visitor's visa and then have her change to an immigrant visa. Money is not a problem and she does not want to do anything illega. I miss my Mom and want to get her here. She is remarried but her husband can stay behind for a while. Please advice on technicalities.

Could anyone suggest the best approach to bring my mother from Paraguay to the USA? I am a permanent resident (green card). My mom is originally from the CARIBBEAN and has been in Paraguay for the last few years. I cannot apply for an I-130 and could possibly seek an I-140 for her since she has special educational and artistic skills. Or should we try for a visitor's visa and then have her change to an immigrant visa. Money is not a problem and she does not want to do anything illega. I miss my Mom and want to get her here. She is remarried but her husband can stay behind for a while. Please advice on technicalities.

Comment

Just apply for a regular tourist visa. It'll allow her to stay up to 6 months. After that, she can leave and return to the US if she desires. She can't work on it though.

Comment

u can do as marmaduk said ... ur best bet is to wait until u become citizen and then file for ur mother...good luck

Comment

Working...
        X