Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly Married USC in Mexico Needs Assistance

Great Discussion Board....

I've just recently married a Mexican citizen and have many questions regarding the next steps. Many have been answered by the US Consulate here in Monterrey Mexico, but I'd like input as to the process time for a resident visa.

My new wife has a tourist visa from Mexico, I'm a US citizen. I understand I need to submit an I-130 form to the US Embassy here in Mexico. I was told over the phone this process, at best, could take 3-4 months to approve.

1) Is this accurate, based on anyone's experience; 2)What options, if any, do I have should my business relocate back to the US before the i-130 is approved. Is she possibly "stuck" in Mexico without the I-130?? Or does another temporal petition exist???

These are my two biggest questions/concerns....I welcome input from anyone with information.

Thanks!!

Great Discussion Board....

I've just recently married a Mexican citizen and have many questions regarding the next steps. Many have been answered by the US Consulate here in Monterrey Mexico, but I'd like input as to the process time for a resident visa.

My new wife has a tourist visa from Mexico, I'm a US citizen. I understand I need to submit an I-130 form to the US Embassy here in Mexico. I was told over the phone this process, at best, could take 3-4 months to approve.

1) Is this accurate, based on anyone's experience; 2)What options, if any, do I have should my business relocate back to the US before the i-130 is approved. Is she possibly "stuck" in Mexico without the I-130?? Or does another temporal petition exist???

These are my two biggest questions/concerns....I welcome input from anyone with information.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
    X