Help with my Niece

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Niece

I am an American Citizen. My husband is Panamanian, however he also is a naturalized U.S.itizen. We would like to bring his Niece who is 10 from Panama to the U.S. We would like her to attend school. Does anyone have any advice?

I am an American Citizen. My husband is Panamanian, however he also is a naturalized U.S.itizen. We would like to bring his Niece who is 10 from Panama to the U.S. We would like her to attend school. Does anyone have any advice?

Comment

This is going to be very difficult in that USCIS does not allow relatives to sponsor anyone else but "direct" relatives.

I think you would have to adopt the child in order to have her come live with you.

Regards,
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

F1 Student Visa

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BG:
          I am an American Citizen. My husband is Panamanian, however he also is a naturalized U.S.itizen. We would like to bring his Niece who is 10 from Panama to the U.S. We would like her to attend school. Does anyone have any advice? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Depending on your niece's family situation in Panama, you have only three options, adoption, asylum, or student visa. But more information is needed to discuss which option.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thanks,

I am reserching the option of a student visa. This may be difficult since she in only 10.

Comment

Fiance visa. Is she hot?

Comment

For SonofMichael

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BG:
                  Thanks,

I am reserching the option of a student visa. This may be difficult since she in only 10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  There is no age restriction on F Visa's.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think he may like this one better. The blonde was totally hot though.

http://www.hotrussianbrides.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He may, who knows

But Panamanian will more likely look like these

Comment

Thanks,

I am reserching the option of a student visa. This may be difficult since she in only 10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      I believe the F visa may be out. From the State Department's web site:

"Public School

"There are certain restrictions on attending public school in the U.S. Persons who violate these restrictions may not receive another visa for a period of five years.

"The restrictions apply only to students holding F-1 visas. They do not apply to students attending public school on derivative visas, such as F-2, J-2 or H-4 visas. The restrictions also do not apply to students attending private schools on F-1 visas.

"The restrictions are:

"* Students who attend public high schools in the U.S. are limited to twelve months of study. Public school attendance in the U.S. prior to November 30, 1996 does not count toward this limit.
                      "* F-1 visas can no longer be issued to attend public elementary or middle schools (Kindergarten - 8th grade) or publicly-funded adult education programs.
                      "* Before an F-1 visa for a public school can be issued, the student must show that the public school in the U.S. has been reimbursed for the full, unsubsidized per capita cost of the education as calculated by the school. Reimbursement may be indicated on the I-20. Consular officers may request copies of canceled checks and/or receipts confirming the payment as needed."
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
                        Thanks,

I believe the F visa may be out. From the State Department's web site:

"Public School

"There are certain restrictions on attending public school in the U.S. Persons who violate these restrictions may not receive another visa for a period of five years.

"The restrictions apply only to students holding F-1 visas. They do not apply to students attending public school on derivative visas, such as F-2, J-2 or H-4 visas. The restrictions also do not apply to students attending private schools on F-1 visas.

"The restrictions are:

"* Students who attend public high schools in the U.S. are limited to twelve months of study. Public school attendance in the U.S. prior to November 30, 1996 does not count toward this limit.
                        "* F-1 visas can no longer be issued to attend public elementary or middle schools (Kindergarten - 8th grade) or publicly-funded adult education programs.
                        "* Before an F-1 visa for a public school can be issued, the student must show that the public school in the U.S. has been reimbursed for the full, unsubsidized per capita cost of the education as calculated by the school. Reimbursement may be indicated on the I-20. Consular officers may request copies of canceled checks and/or receipts confirming the payment as needed." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Operative word is Public, there are plenty of other options.

Comment

best agency

http://loveme.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X