Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I751 and NOA

Hi:
    I sent I751 three weeks ago. I only received the receipt from them for the filing fee ($275).

How long would it take to get NOA? It is vermont center.

thanks!

Hi:
    I sent I751 three weeks ago. I only received the receipt from them for the filing fee ($275).

How long would it take to get NOA? It is vermont center.

thanks!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hijie:
      Hi:
      I sent I751 three weeks ago. I only received the receipt from them for the filing fee ($275). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does that receipt says?

Comment

The timing varies. Each case is different. I know it does not really answer your question, but that is reality.

I hope this helps.
        Polish girl

Comment

a year
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mohan:
            a year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. I disagree. The alien should receive an NOA relatively quickly, extending the conditional green card expiry date for an additional year. Bear in mind that the filing deadline for the I-751 is any time within the last 90 days of validity of the expiring conditional green card. If an NOA is not issued within 90 days of receipt of the application, the alien has no proof of status.
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If an NOA is not issued within 90 days of receipt of the application, the alien has no proof of status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              90 days of the receipt of the application? IF the conditional green card expired before I receive the NOA, I am out of status, is that right?

My conditional green card expired on 1-7-07. First time I sent the I751 was on 1-5-07. Since I did not know the change of the filing fee, the package was returned. Second time I sent it on 1-17-07. I got the receipt on 1-24-07. But nothing else so far.

What could be the trouble waiting for me?

Thanks

Comment

wow..... u sent it 2 days before it was to expire... after all the mental torture we all seem to go thru with immigration u apply to renew it 2 days before it expires!!!! u need ur head sticking into bowl of jello for being so stupid....I suppose all u can do is keep hold of all the paperwork and i dont think about the trouble waiting for u i would be more bothered about the trouble already...from 1.7..07 till 1.24.07 means no status and means that work permit etc is no longer legal?????

Comment

I got it yesterday. Thanks

Comment

great to hear....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hijie:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If an NOA is not issued within 90 days of receipt of the application, the alien has no proof of status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      90 days of the receipt of the application? IF the conditional green card expired before I receive the NOA, I am out of status, is that right?

My conditional green card expired on 1-7-07. First time I sent the I751 was on 1-5-07. Since I did not know the change of the filing fee, the package was returned. Second time I sent it on 1-17-07. I got the receipt on 1-24-07. But nothing else so far.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      That's good news! Just to clarify a point I made earlier, please note that I wrote that the alien would have no proof of status. There is a difference between having proof of status and being out of status. Capisce?
                      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        That's good news! Just to clarify a point I made earlier, please note that I wrote that the alien would have no proof of status. There is a difference between having no proof of status and having no status (i.e. being out of status). Capisce?

Comment

I really think, some people just wanna have problems...i mean,why in the world would someone sent the i-751 out after the greencard expires...i mean U have freaking 90 days...

With this stuff I just shake my head...honestly

Comment

Working...
                          X