Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 (marriage based) Withdrawn

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions, I withdrew my application for I-485 (went to my permanent residency interview and told the interviewer my intention of coming) but I have pending work permit and advance parole application. What will happen to these files? I have not asked the lady interviewer about these pending application. She told me to wait for further notice and instruction. That is why I am still here in the USA, waiting for the said notice.

I tried to contact USCIS regarding this but could not get a hold of anybody. I would like to withdraw these files too as I am planning to go back to my country of origin (Philippines).

If any of these application get approved and do not want to use them, what should I do? I do not want to abandon any application as I do not want to tarnish my record here in the USA.

I was told to wait 90 days but if I do not get any reply, I should go the nearest USCIS office. What should I tell them? Is it possible that these application would be approved even the fact that I have requested withdrawal of I-485 application? Or is it automatic that everything else is withdrawn/denied? Is it safe to just forget about these pending applications (work permit and advance parole)?

Please I need answers. Thanks in advance for your time and great advices. I really appreciate it.

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions, I withdrew my application for I-485 (went to my permanent residency interview and told the interviewer my intention of coming) but I have pending work permit and advance parole application. What will happen to these files? I have not asked the lady interviewer about these pending application. She told me to wait for further notice and instruction. That is why I am still here in the USA, waiting for the said notice.

I tried to contact USCIS regarding this but could not get a hold of anybody. I would like to withdraw these files too as I am planning to go back to my country of origin (Philippines).

If any of these application get approved and do not want to use them, what should I do? I do not want to abandon any application as I do not want to tarnish my record here in the USA.

I was told to wait 90 days but if I do not get any reply, I should go the nearest USCIS office. What should I tell them? Is it possible that these application would be approved even the fact that I have requested withdrawal of I-485 application? Or is it automatic that everything else is withdrawn/denied? Is it safe to just forget about these pending applications (work permit and advance parole)?

Please I need answers. Thanks in advance for your time and great advices. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Hi again,

Have you checked online (USCIS web-site) the status of your applications? Sometimes it takes a little while for status to be updated, but it may give you a clue what's going on (if they are approved, denied, still pending...).
      Second, you can always send a letter to the service center processing EDA and AP.
      Third, have you tried to call local USCIS office? and ask them this question.

And at the end, I would like to add that I admire the steps you are taking and decisions you are making. Good for you. Good luck.

Comment

Hi aneri,

Thanks for your input.

I checked the website but it says, I should wait 30-90 days for it to be processed.

I tried calling them but they say the same thing.

One friend also told me that USCIS might decide to let me stay here in the US. ??? Is that really possible? Even the fact that I did not complete the permanent residency process? After I-485 is withdrawn? I have done a lot of research but it all boils down to the law that says, I lost the right to be here in the USA. Either way, I just do not want to leave this country with any hanging application that might not look good on my record in the future.

I am a very meticulous person and I just really want to abide by the laws of this land same respect as I have for my country's.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X