Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks

Comment

Do you have a good lawyer? Why are you not trusting what he/she is saying?

Comment

Comment

Hi Mari,

Are you still with your husband? You said he abused you, so I'm assuming you don't want to stay in the marriage. If that's the case, file for divorce and after the divorce is final, you can file a waiver. Just note that you will need lots of evidence to prove the marriage was bona fide.

Comment

You should pick a hammer, hit yourself on the head (hard enough to leave bruises, just don't kill yourself), then scream as if someone was cutting you into pieces, run outside of the house and shout "People!!! My husband is killing me !!!!"
            GC in 6 months guaranteed, no lawyer needed.

Good luck.
            http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Follow my advise and get GC in 6 month !!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                  Hi Mari,

Are you still with your husband? You said he abused you, so I'm assuming you don't want to stay in the marriage. If that's the case, file for divorce and after the divorce is final, you can file a waiver. Just note that you will need lots of evidence to prove the marriage was bona fide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proud

this option is not available to Mari since she never received her conditional greencard. This is her question and that is why she is going for the I-360 and asking about advice for the withdrawal of aos based on marriage.

This will be a hard road for her as it looks suspicious as to her real motives. She did not want to return to her country when she fell out of status for work visa, then she married while in removal proceedings, and then she filed for VAWA.. Immigration attorney's nightmare

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                    Hi Mari,

Are you still with your husband? You said he abused you, so I'm assuming you don't want to stay in the marriage. If that's the case, file for divorce and after the divorce is final, you can file a waiver. Just note that you will need lots of evidence to prove the marriage was bona fide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proud

this option is not available to Mari since she never received her conditional greencard. This is her question and that is why she is going for the I-360 and asking about advice for the withdrawal of aos based on marriage.

This will be a hard road for her as it looks suspicious as to her real motives. She did not want to return to her country when she fell out of status for work visa, then she married while in removal proceedings, and then she filed for VAWA.. Immigration attorney's nightmare </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                      Not so fast. PUSC, you were right. She said she was debating on following through with the AOS with her husband. Obviously it's still in the works. The same guy who she filed a vawa action against. Which is why she is wondering if it should be withdrawn. He lawyer is throwing their hands up with the amount of blatant willful fraud being perpetuated here. Imagine how that AOS interview would go, LOL. The officer would be in a position to determine if they entered the marriage with long term intent. Covering a long position with a put might be alright in the stock market but you don't do that with people. I hope she gets the boot. Besides, she can't withdraw the AOS, her husband has to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davdah

Enough of this misinformation! I already corrected Proud's advice. OP cannot file waiver because she has not received conditional greencard. End of story.

Also, Op can withdraw I-485 AOS as it is her petition. Husband can cancel the petition for relative I-130 which in turn will nullify all other petitions.

Also note OP is talking about going to the interview alone... does not sound like husband would be attending.

Little Miss mari should have played it smart and at least got the conditional card. She then could have filed a I-751 waiver at anytime after that on grounds of abuse/cruelty and she would not have even needed to have the divorce.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Waiver? This is an AOS, not removal of conditions. The 360 is a vawa app, for a GC. Or did I miss something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umm yea. it seems so. read Proud's answer that you are claiming to be right.

Comment

I misinterpreted the OP's post and mistakenly assumed she had a conditional green card. That not being the case, my advice was incorrect. Thanks for catching it, 4Now.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                            (snipped ... and then he said ...) It will look like she just wants to skip the conditional at any cost. Which it seems to be. She said she wants to go alone for the AOS interview. By that it sounds as though it's not as though he doesn't want to go. More like she doesn't want him there. I wonder why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't pull a muscle while you're pole-vaulting to conclusions there, Davdah. Though you're in good company. FrenchyP is doing it too

To the OP, don't waste your time in this site. Visit immigrate2us.net or visajourney.com - you'll get sensible advice without the judgment, nastiness and deliberate misinformation.
                            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mari:
                              He been convicted before in DV I didnt know prior to marry him and been baker acted.So my fault guess... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
                              X