Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specter's Bill and Students with Advanced Degree

From what I understand the bill will:
    1) exclude people graduated with advanced degree from US Univ. from the EB numerical limitation
    2) allow the above to file I-140 without labor certification
    3) allow them to adjust their status if they have graduated from US and have a job offer in the field of study
    4) exclude them from H-1B cap
    5) to be eligible for the above provisions you need to have a "new" visa - F-4 for student willing to pursue advanced degree in US.
    6) allow people with advanced degree from other countries to adjust their status after 3 years of work for a US employer in the related field.

There is one detail that I don't get. If only F-4 student can apply for GC under this new law - without labor certification and excluded from numerical limitation, then what happens to the students with F-1 visa currently in US working towards their advanced degree. Does it mean that these students will have to change status to F-4 or they will be able to take advantage this provision even if they finish school on F-1. The reason I am asking is because I will be graduating in May and I really don't want to miss the opportunity to get my GC without labor certification.

From what I understand the bill will:
    1) exclude people graduated with advanced degree from US Univ. from the EB numerical limitation
    2) allow the above to file I-140 without labor certification
    3) allow them to adjust their status if they have graduated from US and have a job offer in the field of study
    4) exclude them from H-1B cap
    5) to be eligible for the above provisions you need to have a "new" visa - F-4 for student willing to pursue advanced degree in US.
    6) allow people with advanced degree from other countries to adjust their status after 3 years of work for a US employer in the related field.

There is one detail that I don't get. If only F-4 student can apply for GC under this new law - without labor certification and excluded from numerical limitation, then what happens to the students with F-1 visa currently in US working towards their advanced degree. Does it mean that these students will have to change status to F-4 or they will be able to take advantage this provision even if they finish school on F-1. The reason I am asking is because I will be graduating in May and I really don't want to miss the opportunity to get my GC without labor certification.

Comment

DOWN WITH FASCISTS !!!
      THIS ILW.COM FORUM IS ALL FASCIST DOMINATED !!!

FOR ANY IMMIGRATION HELP AND INFO GO TO:

WWW.IMMIGRATION.COM

GOOD LUCK!
      IE

Comment

Working...
      X