• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Republicans hold up Dream Act for children of immigrants

Senate Republicans hold up Dream Act for children of immigrants

Full text here
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Senate Republicans hold up Dream Act for children of immigrants

Full text here

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

The dream act is a great piece of legislation. I think the only way to understand this is to put yourself of the shes of a child who is an illegal immigrant that ends up growing to adulthood in America. The country represents their entire life, and they contribute just as much as other children.
      Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

Unfortunately Terry, people like davdah and 4now can't or won't. To them the Rule of Law is the only consideration. When the world starts to see America actively removing kids of illegal immigrants, their only fault having been born to the wrong parents, the tide will turn because it is pure hypocrisy for the USA to claim we are the world's moral beacon yet allow this kind of thing to occur.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Martin:
          The dream act is a great piece of legislation. I think the only way to understand this is to put yourself of the shes of a child who is an illegal immigrant that ends up growing to adulthood in America. The country represents their entire life, and they contribute just as much as other children. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great post, Terry. I'm in complete agreement.

Comment

Demoncrats have a majority in the Senate. How can the Republicans hold up anything? Must have been a few Demoncrats who voted against amnesty.

Comment

Senate Republicans hold up Dream Act for children of <span class="ev_code_RED">immigrants</span>

By Shankar Vedantam
              Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Republican lawmakers on Tuesday stalled a Senate measure to allow children of undocumented <span class="ev_code_RED">immigrants </span>to get on a path to citizenship, and accused the Obama administration of seeking amnesty for illegal immigrants through administrative changes within the Department of Homeland Security.

The Dream Act, which would grant permanent residency to <span class="ev_code_RED">immigrants</span> who were brought to the United States as children and who have completed some time in college or in the armed forces has been a sought-after goal for Democrats, who attached the measure to an important defense spending bill. Republicans used a procedural vote to block the bill. Immigration advocates accused Republicans of sacrificing the well-being of thousands of young people to cater to nativist sentiment

I am getting sick of this c.rap being written by the media to try to confuse the mostly ignorant american people by referring to illegal and unauthorized aliens as immigrants. Say no to the financial burdon the dream act will bring upon us for these illegal children of the illegal population.

The federal government will trick the people as always by changing wording at the last minute and will betray and backstab the american people on this. Do not fall for it.

Comment

Very good, very good ! Now it must be clear to everyone beyond any doubt that <span class="ev_code_red">Mullah Limbaugh supporters</span> are out to <span class="ev_code_red">cannibalize the small, defenseless children</span> who didn't even consent to cross this border and thus can't be held liable by any standards.

Poor, <span class="ev_code_red">little, defenseless children</span> are left to despair and cannibalization because <span class="ev_code_red">Mullah Limbaugh supporters</span> have made a good sports out of <span class="ev_code_red">cannibalizing</span> them and libruls are too spineless to stand up for the <span class="ev_code_red">little defenceles small children!</span>

Comment

Where is Mike Tyson when you need him

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                    The article said those who have joined our military? Since when did the military knowingly allow illegals to sign up? They didn't.

UCMJ Article 107 makes it a courts martial offence to provide false documents with intent to deceive. Obama wants to reward people who krap on our military? We can't allow that, not in any measure. Enough is enough. We will take our country back in November, that's guaranteed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really have to start getting out more Dav.

illegals were signing up and fighting in the iraq war. Some even got citizenship behind it. where have you been. I posted that article years ago.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                      They aren't supposed to. That's the point. Just because some lazy slug of a recruiter wants to help his hommies is no reason to sell out our country. Being in Iraq or not is of no consequence. I'm sure it wasn't their wish and it was merely bad luck of the draw for the few who ended up in country.

This probably came as a result of democrat interference in the military to begin with. Anything for their cause, no matter the sacrifice of Americans.

Hopefully that will change in a couple months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was an open invitation from the Bush administration. your buddy... you know the one that fought way way hard to try to give the illegals greencards and a path to citizenship. Mostly because he has hispanic relatives in his family pushing for it.

Comment

He needs a knock in the head if it were official policy. If there are orders stating recruiters were to ignore national origin in the process, then, houston, we have a problem. You can't serve two countries and provide allegiance to both. Might explain part of the reason we're going no where over there. Too many with divided loyalties in the ranks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you just call me Houston? Bite your tongue man. That woman will be breathing all over me and nothing can save me then

Comment

This forum has become a place where no one of any substance wants to post anymore. A joke. And to think you guys are keeping Iperson going after her numerous threats to leave creates a whole new conspiracy theory.

Comment

Jeez davdah, where is YOUR patriotism? Now you chastise immigrant (legal or otherwise) soldiers who are fighting for YOUR freedom. What an a-ss!
                            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:

I am getting sick of this c.rap being written by the media to try to confuse the mostly ignorant american people by referring to illegal and unauthorized aliens as immigrants. Say no to the financial burdon the dream act will bring upon us for these illegal children of the illegal population.

The federal government will trick the people as always by changing wording at the last minute and will betray and backstab the american people on this. Do not fall for it.
                              </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whereas, it's sickening how you would want to change the meaning of 'immigrants' based on your twisted views.

Comment

Working...
                              X