HIV Waiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIV Waiver?

Hello. I'm ***, and my HIV+ partner lives in Belgium. My understanding is that he does not meet the qualifications for an HIV waiver, since he doesn't meet the "spousal" condition. There is a law being presented in Congress (the Permanent Partners Immigration Act) that would change this, but it looks like that will be a longshot.

Does anyone know if there are practical workarounds to this? We meet all the other conditions, including the ability for him to be on my health insurance. I also make enough money to rationally claim he will not be a public charge, even if he doesn't work. I'm not sure if something like appeals, court cases or even getting an exception from my Congressman would be effective.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, everyone!

Hello. I'm ***, and my HIV+ partner lives in Belgium. My understanding is that he does not meet the qualifications for an HIV waiver, since he doesn't meet the "spousal" condition. There is a law being presented in Congress (the Permanent Partners Immigration Act) that would change this, but it looks like that will be a longshot.

Does anyone know if there are practical workarounds to this? We meet all the other conditions, including the ability for him to be on my health insurance. I also make enough money to rationally claim he will not be a public charge, even if he doesn't work. I'm not sure if something like appeals, court cases or even getting an exception from my Congressman would be effective.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Working...
    X