support form need help fast..... please respond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• support form need help fast..... please respond

got everything done .. so far . getting my file ready for interview .. the last minute my joint sponser wont get me the initial evidence i need.. can i use another sponser and just explain to them that my joint sponser wont send personal information ... i have to talk to my cousin next week to see if he will do this for me .. any advice out there would be greatly appreactiated

got everything done .. so far . getting my file ready for interview .. the last minute my joint sponser wont get me the initial evidence i need.. can i use another sponser and just explain to them that my joint sponser wont send personal information ... i have to talk to my cousin next week to see if he will do this for me .. any advice out there would be greatly appreactiated

Comment

Yes you can

Comment

thank you for your response ... this is a very hard situation for me, i only have till dec 17th to get this in ... can you tell me what he would have to send in if he desides to do this for me ?

Comment

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

He needs to complete an affidavit of support, I-134 to co-sponsor you.

Comment

marilyn, for what purpose you need a co-sponsor? Is that for adjustment of status?

Comment

hi . y does it need to be an I-134 THOUGHT IT WAS i-864 thats what we filed in the beggining. now im really confused

Comment

i need a new joint sponser my original joint sponser backed out at the last minute bc she diddnt want to send the so called personal information they need when they sent me a request for initial evidence.

Comment

ohh and yes its for adjustment of status

Comment

Hi needhelp,

Im not sure about this, but if you AOS dont you use the I-864 still, I only ask cos I come across the I-134 under the K1 visa application, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Procedurally, I-134 is used to overcome the public charge burden on behalf of an alien applying for a "non-immigrant" visa or status; I-864 is for an alien's "immigrant" visa or status application.

Comment

so if Marilyn is applying for Adjustment of Status (marriage based), her co sponsor would use the I-864?

Comment

Roger on that.

Comment

Sorry Marilyn,
                            Didn't understand what you had filed and where.
                            Agree, if for AOS here, use the 864. And yes, someone else can co-sponsor to use their income to combine with the the other co-sponsor. Sorry for the confusion, disregard the I-134, not enough info when I originally responded.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:
                              Hi needhelp,

Im not sure about this, but if you AOS dont you use the I-864 still, I only ask cos I come across the I-134 under the K1 visa application, but I could be wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Jake, Correct. See above.

Comment

Working...
                              X