Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) humbles Hudson Institute dilettante over health care bankruptc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) humbles Hudson Institute dilettante over health care bankruptc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqqSHr0wVA

Hee-hee-hee
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqqSHr0wVA

Hee-hee-hee

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
      'We should move towards that system...' He advocates destroying this country's founding principles to eliminate bankruptcies supposedly due to medical bills? To what degree they are has yet to be defined and quantified. Should it be a surprise with MN's track record electing politicians? Who was it they elected as governor? I detect some racial undertones in this interview. What say you?

Al, goofy faced Frankin, needs to rethink his TV personality. It's not about keeping an audience with shock value. Ahh well, the oath he took to protect and defend this country's constitution was just an afterthought to the ratings he'll get now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said was that "free healthcare = bancruptcy" is a hogwash and had hard data to support his view.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        'We should move towards that system...' He advocates destroying this country's founding principles to eliminate bankruptcies supposedly due to medical bills? To what degree they are has yet to be defined and quantified. Should it be a surprise with MN's track record electing politicians? Who was it they elected as governor? I detect some racial undertones in this interview. What say you?

Al, goofy faced Frankin, needs to rethink his TV personality. It's not about keeping an audience with shock value. Ahh well, the oath he took to protect and defend this country's constitution was just an afterthought to the ratings he'll get now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said was that "free healthcare = bancruptcy" is a hogwash and had hard data to support his view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't like that some people call it free health care. It's not free it's never been free. I'd rather you call it National Health Insurance.
        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:

What he said was that "free healthcare = bancruptcy" is a hogwash and had hard data to support his view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't like that some people call it free health care. It's not free it's never been free. I'd rather you call it National Health Insurance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call it what you want. It's free once you get sick.

Since i am not rich, and Republicans will make d.amn sure i never get rich here, this type of healthcare would work perfectly well for me and for the rest 80%+ of population whose yearly net income is not significantly greater than the cost of what you cynically call a "Cadillac" plan.

Comment

A Financial Horror Story by Arturo Meneses

It was a cold, clammy, rainy pitch dark night and I was extremely distressed-- well, not really it was a beautiful hot although rainy night in Florida but I was distressed.

My wife was in pain and it had been two days that the flashing pain on the upper left side of her face had started and thankfully was tolerable with over the counter medication.

But I was at the edge of desperation and so was she, particularly because as a former medical doctor I had an almost 100% certainty that it was trigeminal neuralgia.

Still my doubts abounded. What if it was a tumor or a vascular compression etc., etc. --- I would never forgive myself.

ezinearticles.com

Bottom line is the uninsured are subsidizing the insured. Spending a night in the ER can be $10k+
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Health care is very sore issue for me currently. Yes, Brittie, a night in the ER can go over $10K. My recent experience in the ER amounted to nearly $4K. I was never given a room. I was put in a bed in the hallway and charged for a room. Although in excruciating pain, I was never given medication until it was time to discharge me. I was there 3 1/2 hours and was very unhappy with my experience. I believe they charged me $5 for one Percocet. Funny, because I got a bottle with a quantity of 40 for $1.08 (generic), but think about it. They take such advantage of people who need immediate attention.

I pay upwards of $10K per year for health insurance to cover three of us. I may be close to finally recouping what will be paid this year, but there were years when no one needed to use much in the way of health insurance. And, I consider myself lucky I have coverage at all. There are people who can't pay $10K per year (and Verizon is supposedly paying half of our coverage). That would make it $20K per year!!! Ugh. How many middle class families can put out that much money for health care?

I haven't read much regarding the Health Care Reform, but I sure hope it addresses the serious flaws in our current system which allows the medical professionals to charge riduculous rates and the insurance companies are in bed with them allowing them to do so by charging astronomical fees for coverage.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
                How quickly things change on this board. Let's wait a little longer till the depression deepens and see how quickly Davdah will change his tune.
                I know what Obama had in mind with his "change" campaign, eh? All we've got now is HOPE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IP, many people who are independtly wealthy don't care about the little guys. In my heart, I believe Davdah doesn't fall in this category. He's a business owner and has to look out for what's best for him and his bottom line. But, he's not a cold, callous person like some others on this forum. He's more middle ground than he'll admit.

Comment

I know the ER costs well too Proudie. Last year 4 nights in hospital via the ER and the final bill was over $40k. I had to pay $5500 of it. At least I did have a room each time. Bad luck on the hallway thing. I'd push to reduce the bill if I were you. You didn't get what you paid for.
                  "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's more middle ground than he'll admit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't show it though. That thick macho skin covers it well.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                      How quickly things change on this board. Let's wait a little longer till the depression deepens and see how quickly Davdah will change his tune.
                      I know what Obama had in mind with his "change" campaign, eh? All we've got now is HOPE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IP, many people who are independtly wealthy don't care about the little guys. In my heart, I believe Davdah doesn't fall in this category. He's a business owner and has to look out for what's best for him and his bottom line. But, he's not a cold, callous person like some others on this forum. He's more middle ground than he'll admit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know David. Him and his private person are a little bit different. What? I'm totally different in person too. But you Proudie, are exactly same as on the board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I can only be one person, not many.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                        I know the ER costs well too Proudie. Last year 4 nights in hospital via the ER and the final bill was over $40k. I had to pay $5500 of it. At least I did have a room each time. Bad luck on the hallway thing. I'd push to reduce the bill if I were you. You didn't get what you paid for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know what to do at this point. First, my plan covered 50 visits per year for physical therapy, now I've gotten two letters wanting an explanation. Explanation of what? I broke my wrist, had surgery and pins and they want me to validate why I need physical therapy? Red tape, I don't deal well with. That's why I hope the Health Care Reform Act will take care of some of this. I'm more privileged than others and can handle the excess costs, but I'm betting the majority of Americans could not. I feel sorry for them.

Comment

His hard data was more appropriately from a comedic act. I didn't hear a single fact that covered the argument top to bottom. He spouted nonsense about the number of bankruptcies in those countries. A simple minded approach from a simpler minded glory hound. Of course there aren't individual bankruptcies since everyone thinks it's free. It was idiotic to even mention. That one benefit is the only selling point attempting to dissuade a common sense approach to examining the feasibility of this plan. A transparent one at that.

To fully comprehend the gravity and COST requires accounting for all facets of the plan. What about the fact it's nearly impossible to sue a practitioner in those countries? What about the taxes collected supporting Europe's version as compared to what would be necessary here given the inherent differences we would have resulting in higher cost? The economic impact of more personal income diverted from a already fragile economy will result in higher unemployment and an overall reduced standard of living. Our government has a proven track record, despite the best of intentions, of entitlement Ponzi scheme failures. This will be the grandest of all. The fiscal failure due to come from SS and Medi-care in it's present form are already well documented. All this will accomplish is speed up the process.

This is another example of selling us into serfdom. Each additional dollar given to politicians is another ounce of freedom sent down the river. That is an indisputable fact. Then there is the greedy little pig factor. The people enthusiastic for this assume they won't be footing the bill, or so they think. This uses a fear mongering approach to separate people from their money, "You'll go bankrupt if you vote no". This should draw suspicion by it's mention. What will happen is a reduced level of care for everyone and much higher taxes. Tax dollars you could have used to buy something you want and not what Obama says you will have and pay for. The rich will pay for it? Really? Ya think? Guess again. In case it hasn't been noticed. With each passage of government intrusion we've seen productivity dwindle because of reciprocating exported and outsourced capital. Two well known examples are GM and Ford. The unions got their way with grand health benefits so the car companies moved to China. Another accelerator to a deteriorating economy is something we need?

E, it isn't the republicans keeping you from being wealthy. If there is a politician to blame. It's the one trying to take your money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, his data is not from comedic act. If you go look for bancruptcies related to medical crisis in France, Germany and other relevant countries you will see that the number is zero.
                          Whether he was a comedian or not in his prior occupation the facts he sited remain what they are regardless of who Al Franken is or was as an individual.

As to who keeps me from being wealthy and who wants to take my money.
                          You really think i am that fool to take your words on face value? Hee-hee-hee

Comment

This was abuse of a witness and of a US Citizen by a circus clown. She held herself to be classy, intelligent and dignified while he showed that he is just a clown. If he loves France so much, why doesn't he move there.

Health care insurance premiums up 18 % since passage of Obamacare.

Comment

The far-Right whack-job is back...

In addition, there was plenty of encouragement from Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle, who spoke on state sovereignty, and the unconstitutional Obamacare law. She also touched on the fact that Americans need to vote people into office who understand that “judges don’t make the laws, legislators do,” and that the Constitution puts limits on those judges.

This will be interesting. How can "Obamacare" be unconstitutional? It was passed by a democratically elected Congress and Senate. Maybe she believes that the Federal Government is unconstitutional? As for striking down SB 1070, Susan Bolton was appointed by Clinton and was endorsed by the Senate in 2000. Jon Kyl said she was worthy. Hardly an activist judge. What next from that nutter Sharron Angle?

Examiner.com

Comment

Working...
                              X