Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage to an American

Hello can someone help me? I live and Canada - If I marry an American and I want to live and work in US together do I start an application for a visa (sponorship what ever you call it) to live & work in that country? We're both professionals he's a Engineer and I have post secondary education in my trade. (perfer not to say trade name). Or do I start an application for sponsorship in Canada. Not sure where to start. Your comments are appreciated which would be easiest

Hello can someone help me? I live and Canada - If I marry an American and I want to live and work in US together do I start an application for a visa (sponorship what ever you call it) to live & work in that country? We're both professionals he's a Engineer and I have post secondary education in my trade. (perfer not to say trade name). Or do I start an application for sponsorship in Canada. Not sure where to start. Your comments are appreciated which would be easiest

Comment

If you are already married you would file the I-130 and I-129f and associated paperwork (see www.uscis.gov) for a k-3. If you want to enter the country and get married in the U.S. then you would file the paperwork for a K-1 - I-129f. After entering the U.S. you would marry within 90 days and send in appropriate paperwork at that time.

Comment

You may want to visit www.immigration.com and respective forum.

A lot of experienced, helpful members there.

Good Luck,
        IE

Comment

Macburt, your question was great, I am in the same situation and got alot from the answers that you have received, thank you. I am trying to get to the states and it seems my only option without sponsorship is the fiancee visa.
          Good Luck.

Comment

Macbert,
            If you are already married, your husband will file form 1-130 and I-485 for you. You would enter on a K-3 visa and within arriving to the US be issued a green card. The green card will allow to work anywhere without a company sponsoring you. If you are not married, then your husband files the I-129f, to bring you over. You marry within the 90 days of arriving to the US, and then file I-485 to adjust to LPR. You would also file form I-765, the work authorization which would allow you to work anywhere in the US without a company sponsoring to you.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Here is how it works if applying as married:
              - US spouse files I-130 in the US for CR-1/IR-1 visa. Since it takes some time for the approval (check processing times for your USCIS service center), some people go ahead and submit I-129 (need to file I-130 first) for K3 visa. Once I-129 is approved and after the interview at the consulate, alien spouse will enter the US as non-immigrant and will have to complete the process in the US by filing I-485 for adjustment of status and I-765 for employment authorisation ducument (should get within 90 days).

- if spouse waits for I-130 to be approved, she/he will be interviewed for and issued CR-1/IR-1 visa. After entering the US, he/she will receive green card in the mail and can start working.

The third option is "direct consular filing" -DCF. US spouse submites I-130 to the embassy. It is usualy the best and the quickest option, but there could be some requirements regarding US spouse's residence in that country (Canada in this case). Spouse receives green card after entering the US.

You got a good answer regarding K1 fiance visa.

Hudson - K3 doesn't work the way you decribed it.

Comment

My boyfriend is here on a work visa. We plan to marry before it expires (Oct). What forms/ paperwork would I have to file if he is already here, we would marry in the US.

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by macburt View Post
                  What direction of trading are here? The thing is that even cryptocurrency trading with the help of special tools like is also trading. So to clarify the direction it is necessary to find out the area first.
                  Last edited by MartinJimenez; 02-22-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

The port city has no standards. It is home to leagues of legends mobile beast trackers, packs and vendors. This city won't have any standards. In addition, demise is continually prowling. Yet, you can purchase everything here.

Comment

Not sure where to start. my ip birthday wishes tneb Your comments are appreciated which would be easiest
                      Last edited by molikotigo; 01-09-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

You don't have to wait until you've had a green card for five years to apply for citizenship through the process known as naturalization. Assuming you stay married to and living with your U.S. citizen spouse the whole time, you can apply for citizenship three years after obtaining a green card. our site

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation