Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eb3 visa

Hi
    Could anybody tell me if your spouse is able to work if you get an eb-3 visa?
    Also do you have to get a job offer then apply for this visa?
    Any rough ideas on how long this could take?

Thanks - This discussion board is great for questions and answers,new member just joined.

Hi

Thanks - This discussion board is great for questions and answers,new member just joined.

Comment

Hi Sonia and welcome to ilw

I do believe the EB3 visa allows you to take family with you (spouse and children) and allows the spouse to work.
      I do not know much about the details and time frame but I am sure someone here does and will post an answer for you soon
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sonia275:
        Hi

Sorry, but EB-3 is not a visa type. It's 'employment-based category three' avenue to gain permanent residency (green card) through employment. And, yes, whatever immigration benefits like work permit, SS#, DL, travel documents, and/or green card that you derive from this process are also true with your spouse.

Yes, naturally, because it's the US employer that will file on your behalf the initial application and/or petition.

Very, very tough question. But if you'll provide the following info, I may be able to give you a rough (neighbor's) estimate: where you are, your status (if on US soil), what country (if outside), and your qualification.

You're welcome (on behalf of the management of this site).
        </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Thanks

I live in the uk and want to emigrate to florida.I hold Americas qualification of emergency dispatch (911 ambulance)and i am currently employed as this in the u.k.

Comment

The EB-3 priority date for UK stands at 01JAN05 this month that saw a 26-month jump from last month's 01NOV02. Check the next visa bulletin that may be made available in a few days. Your qualification (emergency responder) may indeed fall under the EB-3/Skilled Worker classification, but your next great burden is to locate an employer in the US that will file the application/petition on your behalf.

Comment

Working...
            X