Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out Topic: Tax Withholding, how to claim

Hi all,

I know many of you are smart Friend of mine was a student from 1991 to 1998. He never worked in US just a student. He sold his house before he went back to his country.

Since he was a foreigner, they withhold some of the proceeds from the sale. The subsequent year he filed his taxes again, but never received the refund. My question is, can he claim that refund after so long? And if so how?

Thanks

Hi all,

I know many of you are smart Friend of mine was a student from 1991 to 1998. He never worked in US just a student. He sold his house before he went back to his country.

Since he was a foreigner, they withhold some of the proceeds from the sale. The subsequent year he filed his taxes again, but never received the refund. My question is, can he claim that refund after so long? And if so how?

Thanks

Comment

Hi me2

You didnt say when he filed his tax return. No matter.. Tax returns are considered "dead" after 3 years. If he did not receive the refund or correct the situation within 3 years of the filing. .. then it is lost. sorry

Also a note to any of you out there that have not filed your 2000 tax return. : Last date to file for a refund will be April 15, 2004. Dont lose your refund if you have not filed your 2000 tax return.

Comment

Working...
      X