Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

My wife married her first husband in 1984 and was interviewed in Ciudad Juarez in 1986. The consular official also called her husband by phone. The consulate did not believe that her marriage was legitimate and gave her a permit to come back into the US.

Over the following months her husband became increasingly more abusive so that she decided to divorce him and left the United States the same year.

We got married in 1988 and I sponsored her. A waiver got denied saying that she had committed marriage fraud and no application would ever be approved even though the marriage fraud was never proven by the INS. She had divorced her husband and left the US in 1986 before the INS revoked the approval in October 1987.

Is there a possibility that I could get an application approved and overcome this obstacle and how?

Thanks for everybody's imput.

Antonio

My wife married her first husband in 1984 and was interviewed in Ciudad Juarez in 1986. The consular official also called her husband by phone. The consulate did not believe that her marriage was legitimate and gave her a permit to come back into the US.

Over the following months her husband became increasingly more abusive so that she decided to divorce him and left the United States the same year.

We got married in 1988 and I sponsored her. A waiver got denied saying that she had committed marriage fraud and no application would ever be approved even though the marriage fraud was never proven by the INS. She had divorced her husband and left the US in 1986 before the INS revoked the approval in October 1987.

Is there a possibility that I could get an application approved and overcome this obstacle and how?

Thanks for everybody's imput.

Antonio

Comment

Antonio, you need a gooooood lawyer. Sorry I don't have any other answer for you.

Comment

Working...
      X