Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!!

Hello there!

Hope somebody can help me! I've been here in US for 2 years now, came here legally through K-1 visa, got married within 90 days as stipulated by INS and now we got a kid and a baby on the way. The problem is it seems that my partner doesn't want and not willing to work with my papers eventhough I'm so eager to find a job here in US. Everytime I talk to him about work he'll insist to use a fake SSN and a greencard which I always refused to do so because I know I might have a problem in the long run. Is there anybody who can help me about this matter? All I want is to apply for an Application for Employment Authorization in order to get a job here and atleast be confident of using a legal SSN number and not a fake one.

Hello there!

Hope somebody can help me! I've been here in US for 2 years now, came here legally through K-1 visa, got married within 90 days as stipulated by INS and now we got a kid and a baby on the way. The problem is it seems that my partner doesn't want and not willing to work with my papers eventhough I'm so eager to find a job here in US. Everytime I talk to him about work he'll insist to use a fake SSN and a greencard which I always refused to do so because I know I might have a problem in the long run. Is there anybody who can help me about this matter? All I want is to apply for an Application for Employment Authorization in order to get a job here and atleast be confident of using a legal SSN number and not a fake one.

Comment

Hi,

Find out about yourself:

http://www.snbw.org/dv_faq_frame

I think you should keep all the proofs about your good faith marriage, and any proof of verbal and physical abuse, like recordings and documents.

Carefully search for a good immigration attorney who has experience with vawa. There are public institutions that deal with it too.

Do not go for the recomendation of only one institution. You should also study your case. I believe you qualify for vawa, even if the abuse is only emotional.

Comment

Thank you thinking! I'm just wondering if there's any way I can work with my papers beyond his knowledge. Don't have money to pay for lawyer fees and still trying to figure out how I can pay the Immigration Forms.

Comment

Garnet,

USCIS has a list of FREE legal service providers

http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm

They can help you file the documents you need. I believe it is better to get their help because they know more than you do. I wouldn't recommend filing those forms alone. These providers can also request a filing fee waiver to low-income people.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is first call the legal service providers to know the days they have the immigration clinic. Then go there with documents, talk with them and they will tell you about your possibilities, including about the fee waiver.

I wish you the best.

Comment

Hi,
            I just read, posted by sphyrapicus3 the following: "If the marriage is 2 years or more at the time of PR status being granted then the applicant will receive PR status without conditions."

If there is a way that the immigration provider can help you to make your husband file the adjustment of status for you, you may get the permanent residence without conditions because your marriage is over 2 years old.

Anyway, you aren't strong enough to demand him to file AOS for you. This means you need some support in order to do that. Contact agencies in your area.

http://www.ndvh.org/

ndvh@ndvh.org

http://endabuse.org/programs/immigrant/

Folow the links and go for it. Communicate with the agencies, explain your situation. The doors will be opening as you leave this weak position you are at the moment.

I think you should stop begging your husband to file the papers for you. This action won't help as you see he didn't do it. Maybe if you change your strategies he will do it. But you must be knowleageable and conscient of your rights.

Ask for the help of immigration providers, and family and women support agencies, and you will be OK as you get stronger.

Comment

My suggestion: If I had my husband doing the paper work and the research NOTHING would be done by done. He is such a procrastonator and works a lot and doesnt have much time.

I am actually the one who filled out all the paper work did the research mailed aeverything in and just told him where to sign and when to come with me to get pictures.

Id do it yourself to make sure it gets done.

Comment

In the meantime garnet is out of status. Once the I-94 expired she is out of status until AOS is filed. It seems to me that garnet has much bigger issues than the USCIS ones. A controlling husband like that should not be acceptable. I would seek pro bono legal counsel and take appropriate action, both for the USCIS and marital issues.

Comment

YOUR HUSBAND IS A SMART MAN AND SEES THROUGH YOUR SCAMSTER WAYS !!!!

Comment

Micheal, this is your last chance to leave the innocent immigrants alone.

Take your sickness somewhere else or get ready.

And by the way this is your final reminder.

Comment

I'm a new member but seems to me that either her husband wants to keep her under a tight leech or ,ever thought, that he might or may have been in trouble with the law and doesn't need the heat from INS...

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for all the information you gave!

That's how I feel like Shakil. I sometimes told him that I need money in order to work my papers and I'm willing to atleast work around our neighborhood to keep the money I'll earn but he just puts me down. I haven't received any support from him...not at all!!!

We're both working at home but am the one who works harder than him...never gotten any money atleast working my papers is his consideration for not giving me any...

Comment

Working...
                        X