Father is a natural born USC!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father is a natural born USC!

I am 34 yrs old now and my father was a USC,I am here as b2 and i came from the Philippines. I apply for n-600 and Im having my interview next month.. My question is do I have a chance on this...I submitted a DNA ,baptismal c,affidavit of my godparents stating that they knew my father whent he stay for 2 yrs during my birth,and pic of my baptismal and a late registration birth certificate...

I am 34 yrs old now and my father was a USC,I am here as b2 and i came from the Philippines. I apply for n-600 and Im having my interview next month.. My question is do I have a chance on this...I submitted a DNA ,baptismal c,affidavit of my godparents stating that they knew my father whent he stay for 2 yrs during my birth,and pic of my baptismal and a late registration birth certificate...

Comment

1) Is your father's name on your birth certificate?
      2) Was your father legally married to your mother at the time of your birth?
      Have a nice day

Comment

Yes, his name is in my birth certificate but as I was saying my birth certificate is late registered,No they were not married..My father was in US army based in the Philippines that time.

Comment

What they usually ask in the interview?

Comment

Not a chance. I even know what your mother said after consensual s.ex: "Five dollah, please"
            CIS makes sure that all the sperm donors' kids don't get a citizenship.

Comment

As long as you satisfy all the requirements listed in the form, they won't deny ya. I woudn't even sweat it.

-= nav =-

Comment

Hi mama mia.. a few months ago I posted a similar question asking why it's harder for unmarried men to pass on citizenship than it is for unmarried women. (Funnily enough member Sup wrote the same "five dollah please" comment in response - he obviously doesn't understand that it takes 2 to make a baby.) Unfortunately the US still discriminates against unmarried fathers. Not all fathers are aware that they're supposed to do certain things while the child is under 18, so the result is citizenship is usually not granted. The supreme court of America ruled it unconstitutional to discriminate against a person for being illegitimate.. but immigration law still allows it. Citizenship has also been ruled too important a thing to be lost by accident.. but they continue to deny it. When my father took me to get a passport I was told that because I was illegitimate and over 21, I would probably not qualify. It is most cruel that America still decides to punish people for the so-called "sins" of the parents - after all, their decision to make love out-of-wedlock was nothing to do with us. Foreign born people may not have any rights under the constitution - but that does not mean we are any less valuable as people or have any less feelings. I believe mama mia.. you have just as much right to go and live in the land of your father as anybody else does. And I wish you luck, you may not get the automatic citizenship you deserve, but there are other ways.

Comment

To SUP, I feel very sorry for you your maybe such a very lonely person for you to say that to the people like us ...First of all I am not a sperm donor and let me ask you something what did you do for your country? At leaset my father served your country, my brother died for this country and my other brother is fighting for this country what did you do? ????

TO ZEnith
                  THank you very much for your advice.

Comment

TO Zenith did you already get your citizenship? HOw?By the way Im already here in US with my family I am just fighting to get my citizenship through my father. I have four kids.

Comment

It's no secret why it's hard to obtain what mamamia is stipulating.

Guys will 'F' just about ANYTHING (especially overseas while on a military base)........NO SECRET !

It seems that in order for mamamia to qualify for USC, he would at the very least must a have a relationship established with his USC father from the get go.

He's mother NEVER married the USC father. Birth was not reported abroad when it occured 34 years ago.

Chances are slim...........but, it's worth a shot to apply.

Comment

it's easier to just go for a passport.

you'll get an answer much quicker, and the passport office procedures are more standardized, than the INS which can depend on what the weather is like outside.

-= nav =-

Comment

Nope I still don't have my passport, as I'm still in the process of collecting all my evidence. But I remain hopeful. All I know is that my dad fills all the physical presence requirements - and a foreign born child's citizenship is supposed to be automatic based on this. The embassy website says that American Citizenship is for life - and that no child has to do anything at any age to retain, choose, affirm, or confirm it. What they neglect to say is that absolutely none of this applies if you are illegitimate. There should be no age limit -because that's another kind of discrimination. But I think it's pretty obvious that by denying people born-out-of-wedlock their citizenship, they are depriving them of their equal protection under the law.

Comment

To Zenith:

Since you applied how many months or yrs. you been waiting for your papers? My father did filled up and submitted the physical presence together with my papers.
                            Yes you're right illgitimate children has nothing to do with the fault of the parents.
                            wish me luck on my interview next week.

Comment

Hi mama mia. I have not applied yet - needed to fill in more forms, but I hope to get it returned soon. I will let you know how I get on. Good luck to you, let me know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X