Moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving

My wife and I filed for her Permanent Residence on May 6, 2004, and it now looks as if we may have to relocate because of a good employment offer.
    What happens if we move? Is our file transferred to the CIS district office for the new area or does it stay with the office where we filed? If it is transferred are we starting from square one or will it be processed according to the date we filed?
    For the last couple of months our file has been napping in Missouri.

My wife and I filed for her Permanent Residence on May 6, 2004, and it now looks as if we may have to relocate because of a good employment offer.
    What happens if we move? Is our file transferred to the CIS district office for the new area or does it stay with the office where we filed? If it is transferred are we starting from square one or will it be processed according to the date we filed?
    For the last couple of months our file has been napping in Missouri.

Comment

Within 10 days of you changing your residence (out of state or not) you must file and AR-11 which notifies the USCIS of your new address. Send this a couple of times and call the phone number and let them know you are moving. Your file will be transfered to the office that serves that state.

Comment

also, the sponsor who signed I-864 needs to submit a change of address form if he moves. Detail - form I-864.

Comment

Thanks. I hope we don't go to the bottom of the pile.

Comment

Hi Parker,

No... u don't get at the bottom of all applications .... Ur processing date will remain the same but there could be delay coz of transferring the file ...if u get stuck in between 2 different service centers....( u can always take help of congressman in such scenario)

Send ur AR –11 and a letter stating u r moving... to everywhere ur new service center, previous service center, local district office, and of course...

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
            USCIS
            Change of Address
            P.O. Box 7134
            London, KY 40742-7134

Whatever applies to ur particular case...good luck...Pasha

Comment

Lucy:

If my sponsor is my spouse and we both move, does he really need to submit a change of address form if I do? Does INS not know that married couples live together?

Comment

Yes, your spouse needs to fill out the form. It takes about 45 seconds to complete.

Comment

Working...
                X