Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I marry a woman with a green card will it help me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I marry a woman with a green card will it help me?

hello,
    my visa is expired a few years ago and I didn;t do anything about it, my question is if I will marry a woman with only a green card not a citizan yet, can it help me change my staus from "illegal to leagl"

hello,
    my visa is expired a few years ago and I didn;t do anything about it, my question is if I will marry a woman with only a green card not a citizan yet, can it help me change my staus from "illegal to leagl"

Comment

Maybe but what do you plan on doing about your English ?

Comment

not until she gets her citizenship

Comment

A little tiny bit, but much.
          Have a nice day

Comment

Better to marry a USC.
            Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Make sure you 'marry a woman' ...

Comment

She will be able to submit a petition for you, but you cannot apply for adjustment of status until a visa is available. Further, you cannot get adjustment if you were out of status for more than 6 months before a visa was available. However if she becomes a citizen, then your time out of status will be forgiven. If she applies now, and later becomes a citizen, you will still keep your priority date when she upgrades your application. If she doesn't become a citizen it could take 10-12 years before a visa is available for you.

Comment

maybe its better that you leave the country ..... it is not only highly against common morality to just marry someone only to stay .... it i also illegal ....
                  be lucky not to get thrown in prison for overstaying

Comment

I agree that you should not marry any woman just so you can stay. However NYC did not say that that was his only interest in this woman.

Comment

Working...
                    X