Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Clearance pending.

Hi There folks and Happy Holidays:

My wife and I went and passed our Green-card interview on November 1st of 2004. Since then, We have been waiting for the security clearance. It has been 13 months, so every time I or our lawyer make an inquiry, we get a hand written note on the letter we sent saying "Security Clearance Still Pending"

What is this community's experience with this issue?

Is there anything one can do other than initiate an inquiry with BCIS to get some answers? I'm very proactive and resourseful. I just need some direction.

I do not have a character defect of "self-entitlment" I'm grateful I have had a chance to obtain my Ph.D. and teach in this country, i.e.I do not take this process for granted. However, my patience is wearing thin, as this security clearance process is putting a hold on my ability to travel internationally for business and pleasure. I did apply for a travel parole once, but it has expired.

Any thought or direction on this concern is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Younes

Hi There folks and Happy Holidays:

My wife and I went and passed our Green-card interview on November 1st of 2004. Since then, We have been waiting for the security clearance. It has been 13 months, so every time I or our lawyer make an inquiry, we get a hand written note on the letter we sent saying "Security Clearance Still Pending"

What is this community's experience with this issue?

Is there anything one can do other than initiate an inquiry with BCIS to get some answers? I'm very proactive and resourseful. I just need some direction.

I do not have a character defect of "self-entitlment" I'm grateful I have had a chance to obtain my Ph.D. and teach in this country, i.e.I do not take this process for granted. However, my patience is wearing thin, as this security clearance process is putting a hold on my ability to travel internationally for business and pleasure. I did apply for a travel parole once, but it has expired.

Any thought or direction on this concern is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Younes

Comment

Working...
    X