Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview experience.[N-400]

Hello all,

Had my N-400 interview this morning at 11.40am at Indianapolis, Indiana. My N-400 was based my USC spouse. The whole interview lasted less than 30 mins.

US history/civics & test of english was about 10 minutes. I was asked 5 questions, all from the list of 100 questions that BCIS has posed on their website. Test of english was a piece of cake. It was more like an insult, he asked me to write "She likes to live near her brother". I could have written that sentence when I was in my grade school. Anywways, I passed the test.

He did not ask for any papers except for the Green card. And ofcourse he asked me for the dates of my travel outside US.

At the end he said "congratulations, you passed the test, you will receive a letter in 2-3 months with notifiying the date of Oath".

Hello all,

Had my N-400 interview this morning at 11.40am at Indianapolis, Indiana. My N-400 was based my USC spouse. The whole interview lasted less than 30 mins.

US history/civics & test of english was about 10 minutes. I was asked 5 questions, all from the list of 100 questions that BCIS has posed on their website. Test of english was a piece of cake. It was more like an insult, he asked me to write "She likes to live near her brother". I could have written that sentence when I was in my grade school. Anywways, I passed the test.

He did not ask for any papers except for the Green card. And ofcourse he asked me for the dates of my travel outside US.

At the end he said "congratulations, you passed the test, you will receive a letter in 2-3 months with notifiying the date of Oath".

Comment

Congratulations and thank you for posting your experience. Looks like you'll be just a little too late to vote. But, there's always next time around!

Comment

congratulations!

they should really work on their english requirements for citizens.

Comment

Michael Schmitt is German which explains a couple of things about him....the nose reminds me of Steffi Graf..I now believe that the potatoe in the middle of the face is really a German trademark!!!!!

Comment

JohnDoe

Yes, they did ask me "how long have you lived with the same USC ? " my answer was 5 years after marriage and 1 before that.

He did not ask for any proof. The only thing he wanted me to show was my GC.

Comment

Green card & I-751 much difficult than the N-400. I feel that N-400 was a breeze.

Time line.

N-400 Filed in April 2004
              Priority Date April 28
              Finger printing August 13 2004.
              Received let of for interview august 23rd
              Interview date Oct 4.

Comment

Hi Arun! Congrats to becoming a citizen. I'm just starting. I've got a couple of questions (I'm new to this forum): On the N-400 where it says "Have been arrested, cited or detained ..." does "cited" include traffic tickets for speeding etc.? Also, I've lived in one place for over 12 years now but can't remember whether or not I sent an address change to the INS back then. Is it advisable to send another one just to update the record before I send in the N-400 or just leave it alone? Tx, Horstair

Comment

Yes, you must indicate ALL traffic violations.

Section D (Good Moral Character)

16. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including INS and military officers) for any reason?

Always keep your address up to date. It is the law. Nothing worse than getting scheduled for a fingerprint interview and having your notice sent to your old address.

Comment

Hi Arun,

Did you have to register at Selective Services? Were you asked for any docutment from Selective Services at your interview or during the processing time?

Comment

Arun:
                      Time to retire the checkered and hoist the red, white and blue! Good job.

Comment

Hello,

My bf just went for his N-400 interview today in NYC and it was smooth sailing.

He got there about 15 min early and was called upon within minutes. He was asked 10 questions, read out loud" What goes around comes around" and wrote it down as well. He had his lawyer there with him. The interviewer did ask him about selective service which my bf did not register. The lawyer came in handy for this but it should not be a big deal if you did not register. You are supposed to have the Selective service status letter with you.

The guy also took my bf's 5 yr tax returns. Overall, it was pretty easy.

He was told that he should hear from them in about one month.

All the best to the rest of you in the process!

Comment

Congratulations to your boyfriend Sonia.

Comment

Steffi Graf is fugly.
                            Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

I am not quite sure about the Selective Service document requirement for N-400 process, or to present it at the interview. I came to this country as a tourist when I already had my 25th birthday back home. I later went through AOS to F1 (Student). After completion of my study, I won DV Lottery when I was in this country. I went through Counsellor Processing in Canada. I only became a permanent resident back in 1999 at the age of 31. INS tells me that I did not have to register at Selective Service as I already passed 25th birthday when I entered to this country. Selective Services tells me that I need to request a waiver to them. I am wondering why I should be requesting a waiver when I was not even required to register. My N-400 is in Pending and I am waiting for an interview in a couple of months or so. A couple of friends told me that I may have be asked at my interview to present the waiver letter even though INS is giving me this info that I do not have to register. The person who takes interview may change his mind and may want to see this document. Can anyone shed some light into this matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X