X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: us citizen wants to marry a mexican national

Hello.
    I am intersted if anybody knows the steps to take to marry a mexican national. i am currently a US citizen she has a tourist visa. if we marry in mexico and get the paper work started would that be faster than getting married in the US? I dont want to break any laws I just want to do whats best for my fiance.
    any help is apprecited.

Adam, it's not so tough task as you think. First important thing is you need to get migration's permission for get marriage and for verification there is need of your passport, birth certificate and visa. Then your fiance can go to Mexican Migration Office and request for you the first step.Get more information from inm.gob.mx.
    Custom Cabinets

Comment

Adam, please prefix your topic with 'Immigration Law Question'. It will ensure you only get relevant answers.

If she's currently in the US on a valid visa, you can marry and apply for an adjustment of status. Otherwise, the fastest way would be the K-1 Fiancee Visa. You would apply once she's back in Mexico, and once approved, she can travel back to the US. You would then have 90 days in which to marry and apply for an adjustment of status.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

By the way, you don't need immigrations permission to get married in the US. I wish our moderator would do something about these spammers.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

The post was deleted due to violation of discussion board rules.

Comment

Ignore Adrik. After you get married, you may petition for your spouse. If she is already in the U.S. you may get married and adjust her status here.

You will need to complete two forms I-485 and I-130, along with a couple of others. Follow the directions on the forms closely.

She will need additional documents besides her passport, including a criminal history check from Mexico, a birth certificate, and others.

Good luck.

Comment

Comment

Its better to consult that to an attorney that are expert in that situation. In this way, you will get the information that you need in your problem and also you will know what is the first thing to do about it.

Britain

Comment

I do agree with madison for best solution you should always refer to the expert of that particular field, this community is very supportive, we will try our best to solve your doubts and problems but only till the limit we have the knowledge regarding that query.
                  Usana

Comment

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation