Prevailing Wage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevailing Wage

I am applying for Labor Certification. I asked my attorney if I would have a problem down the road because there is a huge different between my actual salary from what company files for me (42k vs 55k). He said that a company can choose to pay the full prevailing wage AFTER GC is approved or 95% of it.

Can anyone clarify on this matter?

Thanks.

I am applying for Labor Certification. I asked my attorney if I would have a problem down the road because there is a huge different between my actual salary from what company files for me (42k vs 55k). He said that a company can choose to pay the full prevailing wage AFTER GC is approved or 95% of it.

Can anyone clarify on this matter?

Thanks.

Comment

Even 95 percent of 55K is over $52,000.

A previous poster to this website ran into problems getting a green card because she hadn't been paid according to her company's petition.

Comment

According to my attorney, it is okay for now as long as my company will say it will pay at least 95% of prevailing wage after I get GC.
        Is it true?

TIA.

Comment

I'm not any attorney. From what I've read, the application for a green card is for a FUTURE job, so I'd suspect your attorney is right. If the company doesn't pay you in accordance with the certification, you can always leave after you get your green card. Assuming you can find another job, of course.

Comment

Working...
          X