2 arrests and a restraining order...still no GC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 arrests and a restraining order...still no GC

I'm Turkish married to an American. My wife and I had out interview last summer and I was told "approved" but still haven't recieved my GC yet. I went for finger printing after the interview and I think my arrest 6 months earlier must have come up. My wife said I hit her but it wasn't true and 2 months ago she had me arrested again for harassment...I left 3 messages on her self phone and I can't believe in this country they can arrest you for that!? Anyway, we don't live together anymore and I want a divorce. I'm just worried if any of this could affect getting my GC? Our marriage was 100% real.

I'm Turkish married to an American. My wife and I had out interview last summer and I was told "approved" but still haven't recieved my GC yet. I went for finger printing after the interview and I think my arrest 6 months earlier must have come up. My wife said I hit her but it wasn't true and 2 months ago she had me arrested again for harassment...I left 3 messages on her self phone and I can't believe in this country they can arrest you for that!? Anyway, we don't live together anymore and I want a divorce. I'm just worried if any of this could affect getting my GC? Our marriage was 100% real.

Comment

If your marriage was real, why are you getting a divorce?

Comment

I tried with her....it just doesn't work! Divorce doesn't make a marriage that once was good suddenly not real. I'm trying to see the future but now I don't know if I have one here all because of a little card I haven't gotten yet.

Comment

You admit of being arrested twice , once for hitting your wife.

While I personally think it's enough grounds to deport you and bar from re-entering US ever again , yet the INA may allow you to stay and get your GC.

I would have no objections if FAIR and NumbersUSA turned their attention on people like YOU, who like the last red-neck out there lowered yourself to hitting a woman.
          But FAIR & Co. instead runs racially motivated anti-Mexican campaign, while cowardly hiding their true motives and claiming that they are "just against illegal immigration".

Duh..

Comment

Working...
          X