Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having to file N-400 all over again

Hello,

I was just recently told by my local INS office that my N-400 application has been closed and I will have to re-apply. I was told that my file was empty and I should save up more $$ to re-apply. I've crossed every t and dot every i and I don't know what else could possible go wrong with my case. I was told that I missed my appointment back in November I never rcv'd my appointment letter no fault of mind that's for sure.

As distrubing as this may be for me and I've written several letter's and filled out several forms to have my appointment rescheduled. I've went back to the office so many times I thought they might put my picture on the wall for the most returned visitor or something. I have to laugh about it now because last week I was in complete tears.

I have 1 question to filling out this application again. Back in 2003 I failed to file 1 job on my taxes and now I owe some money for back taxes. It's not a great deal of money but I haven't paid back the $$ that is owed to the IRS as of yet. Should I wait to pay off what's owed to the IRS or go and submit my application again for the N-400?

I finding to run into a bit of bad luck these pass few years and I want to get everything right this time. I am trying to file for my husband but I seem to be running out of patience with this whole ordeal.

Hello,

I was just recently told by my local INS office that my N-400 application has been closed and I will have to re-apply. I was told that my file was empty and I should save up more $$ to re-apply. I've crossed every t and dot every i and I don't know what else could possible go wrong with my case. I was told that I missed my appointment back in November I never rcv'd my appointment letter no fault of mind that's for sure.

As distrubing as this may be for me and I've written several letter's and filled out several forms to have my appointment rescheduled. I've went back to the office so many times I thought they might put my picture on the wall for the most returned visitor or something. I have to laugh about it now because last week I was in complete tears.

I have 1 question to filling out this application again. Back in 2003 I failed to file 1 job on my taxes and now I owe some money for back taxes. It's not a great deal of money but I haven't paid back the $$ that is owed to the IRS as of yet. Should I wait to pay off what's owed to the IRS or go and submit my application again for the N-400?

I finding to run into a bit of bad luck these pass few years and I want to get everything right this time. I am trying to file for my husband but I seem to be running out of patience with this whole ordeal.

Comment

One reason, it is good to use an attorney to file. I think you should get one.

Comment

Mamon,

I didn't see the purpose of getting an attorney. I filled out my appliciation, my sisters, my mothers, and my aunts appliciation and they never rcv'd any problems from INS only me. One thing though they closed my case and I still haven't rcv'd a letter yet to tell me that my case has been closed. I wonder what's up with that.

I don't have money like that to pay for an attorney that's for sure. If I had it like that I would of gotten an attorney from the moument I rcv'd my notice that I missed my appointment. But I did everything I was told to do. I contacted an attorney and was told to write letter's to my State Rep.

I know someone who's husband been waiting for 9 years to get sworen in. He took the test and passed but some how he can't seem to get a date to get sworend in. They have an attorney and nothing.

I really do feel like given up sometimes. But I am going to keep the faith and never give up Hope.

Comment

Working...
        X