No announcement yet.

Any Hope? (Re-post)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any Hope? (Re-post)

    I mean no disrespect to all the good folks who responded to the initial posting of this topic (Cayita, lost in us, judy9334, LegalNut, LongTimeHere, dreamstar101, iyay, cass, mohan, zenta alem). You have provided invaluable input. I am reposting my problem verbatim, just to gauge any new thoughts. No flames please. Thank you.

    I am in desperate need of help. I would like to know if there is any relief for one who is out of status.

    Brief details;

    1) Entered on F-1 but dropped out of college and did not graduate. Overstayed and have maintained continuous presence for over ten years.

    2) Have been working without proper authorization off and on. (I have a valid SS card and it does not say "Not valid for unemployment").

    3) One misdemeanor infraction, completely settled more than 11 years ago.

    4) Married to US citizen since Dec., 1994, but separated a few months later (have not initiated divorce proceedings to date); no children. No chance of reconciliation. No papers for adjustment of status had ever been filed.

    I would like to legalize my status and be able to work and travel freely. I would like to be able to go back to school.

    I am aware my situation is dire. I need solutions. Any and all guidance is much appreciated. Absent that, please provide some referrals of attorneys/services who might be able to help.

    Thank you kindly for your time and attention. I remain hopeful.

  • #2
    Boy, I sure hope someone has ideas for you... My situation is so similar it is scary!!


    • #3
      Atwits..what part of the country are you in? If in the SW I can recommend a great Attorney.


      • #4
        sunnyjohn - you and me both :-(

        LOSTinAZ - I'm looking for a great attorney anywhere in country :-); not nec. in my own backyard, since immigration matters are federal in nature. Could you post the details? Thank you.


        • #5
          Hey Lostin AZ, what is the name of that Attorney?